1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Slim&Lite ver. 3.72 - What can i do?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by xmagnumx, Jan 17, 2008.

1. xmagnumx

xmagnumx Member

Hi everyone :)

I realize you get these questions every day, and believe me, i have been searching and reading for hours and hours, and i just dont wanna mess up my new psp, and i find all that information so confusing and im lost...

So yeah, basically i have several Iso's and Cso's and i want to put them on my PSP and play them :p

1) Is there any way to avoid using a "Pandora Battery"?
    2) What do i change now? Firmware? Battery?
    3) Can't I just put one of these "Custom Firmwares" on my PSP and then everything should work?

Please somebody just tell me on this post...
    After i get it to work and recieve all the info i need to make this work, you can delete it.. :)
    Its just cos im quite dumb at this.. And i really dont have the slightest clue about PSP's and how anything works.. Cos i just got it today and im too broke to buy games (Officially i just wanna play my once backed-up games, cos i lost my UMD's :D)

Thanks in advance :)

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well I'm going to stop you at your first question and say that you can only downgrade PSP slims with pandora's battery. If you're still interested then let me know and I can find you some guides.

3. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Since, i have alot of time
    1. no, u need pandora
    2. Firmware and battery need to be change.
    3. No

4. xmagnumx

xmagnumx Member

okay :) thanks a lot guys...

I guess i have no choice but to use the pandora...
    I'll either buy the Datel Tool or hardmod my current battery?

I heard that it isnt possible to hardmod every battery.. especially not the new ones?... I have a 3.6v 1200mAh (made in japan) which came with my psp.. is it possible to open it and do something to the battery so it goes in service mode?.. and if so, how do you turn it back again (if its necessary?)...

One last question (thank you for your patience) =)
    What is the optimal CFW i should get for my slim?..
    I wanna be able to play both iso's, cso's, umd's, movies, music and other homebrew apps like the universal remote or something :p

Thanks for everything =)

5. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

I dont know if you can hardmod the slim battery, but i heard that you cant.

BUT, if you know someone with a cfw Slim/Fat psp, you can turn a slim/fat battery into a pandora one( the fat battery is supported by slim psp, but not vice versa).Then you can return it back to its normal state.

Now, that is possible, the best cfw is 3.80 m33-4, because it has internet radio, and fixed some bugs.