1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Slim Pandora's Battery Question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by typon, Dec 27, 2007.

1. typon

typon Member

Actually two questions:

I have a new PSP Slim with FW 3.8 on it and i want CFW 3.71M33.

1. If i dont want to harm my original PSP slim battery, which battery do i need to buy to Hardmod (by removing pin 5): a new PSP Slim battery or an new PHAT battery.

2. Will i be needing that battery after again, or is it a one time thing?

thanks in advance.

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. typon

typon Member

Ok thanks.
    but can you please tell me if that PHAT battery will be useless after or can i reuse it?

4. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

Yes, you will have to get a PHAT PSP battery. I have personally used my original PHAT battery as pandora by lifting the 5th pin and it has worked flawlessly on both my Slim and my Phat. After you have your battery made, you will need to create a Magic Memory Stick: http://dl.qj.net/TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/14749/catid/193

Then you put in the MMS and Pandora's Battery into your PSP, press X, wait untill your PSP turns off and you'll have 3.71 M33 when you restart it. Once you have upgraded to 3.71 M33, there wil be no need for Pandora or that Magic Mmemory Stick anymore. NOTE: If you don't have a spare Memory Stick, it's okay. Just turn it into a MMS, use it and pandora to upgrade to 3.71 M33, then once your finished, format you MMS and it will be back to normal (Once you harmod the battery, there will be no way to convert it back to normal). Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  5. typon

typon Member

perfect, thanks.

6. drakex

drakex Regular member

If you are a good smolder you can revert it back to normal, only that you need to smold it back... my best advise, DONT keep it and use it to help other guys around you, sell it for $10 or do the deal yourself, go and do it for free to get the community EXTENDED!

7. typon

typon Member

Yeah. I bought the battery from Walmart and returned it with a little message inside. it says "Already Pandora :p"

8. oddbod

oddbod Member

Newb question: I just got a slim for XMas and have a friend with a Pandora battery from his old PSP. If I create a magic stick and use his battery to install the 3.71 M33, can I later completely remove all hack-ness from the PSP if I want to? Would I just re-install the newest official FW from Sony and it's back to normal?

Also, can you direct me to a starting point for using my newly modded PSP to run homebrew, etc?

Thanks! I love this community :)

9. sammills

sammills Guest

Hi all..

1) I am a noob and was following this thread...it is now clear that the pandora is a one time use, but I think you are saying the magic MS is not. I have a 8GB MS with movies and music will I be able to take out the magic stick when not playing games and use the 8GB card (that is not a magic MS)?

2) Can I every upgrade to official firmware again - like 3.9?

Thanks for your help.

10. G_Ush

G_Ush Regular member

Yes, after you've done what you need to do with the Pandora, you can use the memory stick as completely normal. I'd advise formatting it through the XMB

Yes, you can reinstall OFW if needed

11. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

I always use my phat battery as a Pandora on my slim, not really got a choice though as i have a V2 mobo slim.

It is also possible to convert a Phat battery to Pandora using a slim as long as you do not have the V2 mobo. If you have a V2 Mobo it's all stop.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  12. sammills

sammills Guest

Thanks G_USH for the quick reponse.

I am really new
    1) not sure what you mean by XMB - do you mean formating via the PSP USB connection or is that 3rd party software?
    2) How would i reinstall OFW - just install like any firmware update or do i need the Pandora/Magic MS?

Thanks!

Thanks.

13. wasted420

wasted420 Regular member

1.) the xmb is the psp's main screen

2.) yes you need a pandoras batter to reinstall official firmware just select the official firmware option instead of the m33 option