1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp slim - ps1 backups

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sirkuja, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

Hey guys i just got a psp slim and all I want to do with it is play ps1 iso's. I was also hoping i didnt have to mod it to much. I have been reading around for the last 10 hours and i can't find out how, is there a easy way or am i going to have to do the pandora battery? any advice is great thanks all.

2. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

BTW I am running 3.71 and I have made an ISO of a game i own using popstation and i just need to get around the copyright. Says "the copyright information is invalid"

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to create a Pandora Battery. You will need a PSP FAT that has custom firmware on it running 2.XX or higher.

HERE is the Pandora Battery Guide.

You then will need to modify the Magic Memory Stick files with Dark_Alex Despertar del Cementerio universal unbricker v3 (This will only run with custom firmware 2.XX or higher).

You can download it HERE and follow the read me file for instillation instructions.

This can install 3.71 M33-2 firmware to your SLIM PSP. Your PSP SLIM does not need to be bricked for this to work.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  4. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

thanks a lot for the info but UGGH this sounds like its going to take a lot of work oh well better get started thanks again.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It isn't all that hard to do. Do you have access to a FAT PSP with custom firmware higher then 2.XX?

6. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

yes i can borrow one from my work but can i revert it back to normal when i am done with it?>

7. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

well minus the custom firmware heh so i am going to have to do that first

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes when you launch the Pandora Creator the first time press Triangle and that will save the Battery EEPROM.

After you get the 3.71 M33-2 firmware installed on your slim. You can then convert it back to normal.

Take out the Pandora Battery and plug in the FAT PSP via AC-Adapter and power on the PSP (Without the battery in the PSP). When it boots up make sure the Magic Memory Stick is in the PSP then add the Pandora Battery. Now launch the Pandora Creator again and this time press L + R at the same time and it will reflash the EEPROM to the Battery. You will get a write error 0x14 something like that when doing this which is normal.

Make sure the GAME folder is set to 1.50 kernel when running the Pandora Battery to restore the EEPROM. If it isn't in 1.50 kernel the Pandora Creator will not boot.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  9. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

hey I hope your still here, i got a psp that has version 3.52 and have been trying to figure out a way to make a pandora battery out of it but im not sure where to start because i cant seem to find a downgrader for v 3.52. Do i need to grab a different psp?

10. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

yep, you need a psp with cfw(custom firmware on it)so you can say that the pandora battery is the key to unlock your psp to its full power :p.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Any FAT PSP that has 3.51 or above official firmware needs a Pandora battery to downgrade to 1.50 in order to install Custom Firmware.

12. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

so if i can find any psp with official fw 3.50 or lower i should be able to work my way back and then forward to have a psp capible of making a pandora? sry guys for all the questions...i hate being a noob at this

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

These are your options for downgrading a FAT PSP to create a Pandora Battery to install CFW on PSP SLIM.

3.10 - 3.50 You can use the Lumines game exploit (You need an unpatched version of Lumines UMD game).

2.81 - 3.03 You can use the Grand Theft Auto Game Exploit (You need an unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories).

2.00 - 2.80 you can use a downgrader that doesn't require a Game Exploit.

HERE are guides that will help you with the process.

You can also go HERE and contact someone near you that will make a Pandora Battery for you. All you need to do is send them a Battery and Memory Stick and pay for shipping. Make sure if you use this option that you tell them you need to install custom firmware to PSP Slim.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  14. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

ok so i went to my work today and we had a ver 1.5 psp so i bought it....how do i play ps1 games on that...im sure i could find it but im way to excited to wait...thanks guys for all yoru help

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use the guide below to update to custom firmware (You need custom firmware to play PSX games).

3.52 M33 HERE

3.52 M33-4 HERE

3.52 firmware HERE

1.50 firmware HERE

Download the 3.52 M33 CFW linked above. Extract the file.

Download both the 1.50 and 3.52 firmware. You need to re-name the 3.52 firmware to 352.PBP the 1.50 firmware to 150.PBP. Then add them to the M33CREATOR folder.

Now copy the M33CREATOR folder and the kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders to the PSP MS directory of ms0:/PSP/GAME folder.

Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the KXploit Permanent Patcher. It should run and say patched successfully and reboot back to the XMB.

Now go to game Menu Memory Stick and run the M33CREATOR.

After you run the M33CREATOR it should reboot back to the XMB. It should have created a 3.52 M33 update which you need to select in the Game Menu Memory Stick.

It will flash the files to the PSP and you should be at 3.52 M33 firmware. If it is then format your MS.

Now extract the 3.52 M33-4 update.

Drag the PSP folder that is in the update M33-4 into the root of the MS overwriting the files when it asks you to. Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the m33-4 update. This will only take a few seconds.

After the update is finished check and make sure it says 3.52 M33-4 for firmware. If it does say 3.52 m33-4 then format the MS 1 more time.

You are now updated to 3.52 M33-4.

Place the PSX game folder and EBOOT in the /PSP/GAME folder and play the Game via Game Menu Memory Stick.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  16. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

Dude larry, thanks a ton, so straight forward you have been so awsome thanks ima try it now

17. sirkuja

sirkuja Member

I am so playing final fantasy 9 on my psp right now thanks man