1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp slim release date for USA?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by godzillla, Oct 25, 2007.

1. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

Does anybody know when the PSP slim will be released in the USA? And once released will the american version be different from the foreign ones. Will it be able to play my old mem chip with games on it? IF so can I have a link on what it takes to mod the slim so I can play my backed up games. thanks

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the psp slim is already released. i have one already. it's been out since the start of the month.

[​IMG]

if you want custom firmware, you will need to use a fat psp that has custom firmware. with that psp, you need to make pandora's battery and universal unbricker v3 memory stick.

3. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

where did you buy it at? I checked best buy and and they don't seem to know anything about it. then again what do you expect when a bunch of 11th graders are representing the store.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i got mine at fry's electronics. it's the only psp model they carry now. got it on the 3rd of this month. found a forum on google, and a person said that fry's had it.

you should check gamestop. they have a better chance of having it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  5. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

Im sorry, I was mistaken. I did a search on circuit city.com and couldn't find a result for psp slim. However, I saw PSP CORE system and read the specs on it and it decribes it as slimmer and lighter. I think this is the new slim. i will check it out tomrrow. if this is the new slim do you have a link to a guide that i can follow to play backed up games on it. thanks

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you'll need pandora's battery and universal unbricker v3 memory stick. it's the only way to get custom firmware on the psp slim.

7. godzillla

godzillla Regular member

well good to know it's not gona take much. has a guide been made yet on how to use the battery and software? if so do you know the link or have the instructions on how to do so? PLEASE.

8. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

it's not that easy to make. you need a psp with custom firmware already. borrow a friends or family members. there are alternatives, but it's only for professionals. it consists of opening a sony battery and removing a pin

you can find instructions HERE

i recommend to get a spare battery and memory stick and use them to make the pandora battery and universal unbricker memory stick. if you ever get a brick, you can easily unbrick it. or you can put custom firmware on any psp. it puts 3.71 m33-2 custom firmware on the psp.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007