1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP sound broken? Help.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by xmpxkao, May 6, 2007.

1. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

Anyone here ever had a sound problem with their PSP?
    Deng, this is really annoying.

Well, it all started when I was on 3.03 oe-a and came across this website. I downloaded Ergheiz and played it on 3.03 oe-a...A game i shouldn't of played on that firmware I suppose. Anyways, during a fight in the game, my sound just went off. Ever since then, it's been tweaking left and right. The sound works when i like...downgrade/upgrade for a few seconds. When you first load the PSP from a fresh new firmware the sony logo comes up and the soudn works. But...at the same time the sound gradually goes down like it would if you were holding the vol/- sign.

Any ideas? Bricked? lol. when i restart the PSP and hold R for recovery adn try to go to configuration, it just freezes on me. A blank screen...freeze. So is this called brick or anything? I can still play games, videos and run everything but deng, the sound doesnt work. That hekka sucks.

Well if anyone has any idea, I'd really appreciate the help. I dno't think I can do this one on my own, even if i tried. Thanks again for your time!

2. xmpxkao

xmpxkao Member

Sorry. I didnt get Ergheiz frmo this website. I just copied and pasted the same topic from another forums. I hope that's fine! Sorry and thanks again for any help!

3. MagicCake

MagicCake Member

It might just be that one of your volume buttons is stuck. That would explain why you hear it again at first when you install a new firmware, since the volume level gets reset when that happens.

If you've had your PSP for awhile and are outside of the warranty (or you don't mind voiding it), you can try removing the faceplate to see what's up with the volume - button. You'll need a fairly small screwdriver, though.

I think those lower buttons (volume, home, etc.) might be slightly worse on the newer PSPs. I got a new one recently and was wondering myself if they were going to stick someday. They feel a little different than on the old one.

4. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

good idea magiccake never thought of that