1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP STarted running REALLY SLOW.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Severeth, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

My daughter brought me here PSP (3.71 M33-3) and said it was running really slow. I checked it out and it was and the screen was all jumpy. I finally figured out that in the recovery mode the unit was set to 20 during XMB rather than default 222 or 333 or whatever. That fixed it. She swore she did not go into those setting and would have no idea how to get there. No other setting where messed with. I beleive she did not cause I can tell when she is lying. So what would cause that to happen other than going in yourself changing those setting?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

She could of tinkered with it, if she bought it off of eBay, the seller might of tinkered with it, and in rare cases, the PSP changes Recovery Mode settings by itself.

3. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Well, I forgot you can hit select and change those settings very easily on accident. Is there a way to disable that ability? (maybe with a promicin-inhibitor) Thank you

4. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

5. pwr0n

pwr0n Regular member

yes there is.

turn off your psp, then turn it on holding the right shoulder button, scroll down to "Configuration", then on "Use VshMenu" click X to disable.

6. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Yeah just figured that out. thank you though. Definite must do for anyone that does not need to be changing setting. Good to know.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Actually this has happened to my PSP a few times and also my son's PSP.

For some reason the XMB goes haywire and then starts running slow. This happened without going into VSH or Recovery menu.

No idea how it happened but all you have to do is go back in and reset it to default setting.

8. Spykey

Spykey Member

This just happened to one I have .... what settings does it have to be on?

9. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Go to recovery mode (R-trigger + Turn PSP on) then go to configuration and set the xmb settings to 333 or Default.