1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp "stuck"

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by 0142397, May 10, 2007.

1. 0142397

0142397 Member

I was trying to change the icons in my XMB menu and after flashing and whatnot my Psp froze and turned off. Now everytime I turn it on I get the Sony Computer Entertainment message and it freezes right after the date and time show up but before the menu appears.

I am on firmware 3.40oea, and I have tried the recovery mode and it is not working. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

if it's broke and u can't access the flash then ur srewed

3. 0142397

0142397 Member

I think I can access the flash memory through recovery mode, but I am not sure what to do from there.

4. armykid22

armykid22 Member

there are two ways to fix this both require you to acess the recovery menu.

one way is to download a semi-brick fixer, and acess that from the recovery menu.

or, if you copied all your original psp flash memory files, then replace your current rcos with the original.

5. 0142397

0142397 Member

Unfortunately I didn't backup my flash memory file, is there a link to that semi-brick fixer?

Is it possible to use someone else's rcos to fix my psp?

6. armykid22

armykid22 Member

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

how cum nobody backs up flash0 these days they should have learn by now

8. daxfan

daxfan Member

ok dont worry i have bricked my psp atleast 13 times now in all diffrent methods and i have managed to unbrick it by my self.
    I have bricked my psp by your method and i know how to unbrick it mate! Email me to tarik_alobeid@hotmail.com and i will send you files for you to copy and paste to the psp and teach you how to unbrick it if it happens again! i have a psp 3.40 oe-a like your mate dont worry everything is possible ^^

Oh ye if any of you guys bricked there psp email me and i will gladly help but email me how you did it so i can send you the files needed for it or if its simple maybe you wont need files just a quick walkthrough ^^

9. jackfood

jackfood Regular member

You mean semi-bricked?

I think only for OE firmware. Do you know how to recover for a PSP that is fully-bricked?

10. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

u cant recover from a full brick if there is no flash0 how is the psp supposed to go into recovery and also how to go onto usb?

11. 0142397

0142397 Member

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  12. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

all it is is basically recovery do u have to go to 1.5 with this

13. blackal

blackal Member

daxfan, i emialed you can you please help me un semi-brick my psp i tried to flash a theme but now every time i try to go to the usb mode or any other system function it freezes i can still acces recoverory mode. Also the unbricker doesnt work for me.

14. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

tell me what files you want to replace or just get theme swapper i use its gd cos its got the original theme init

15. daxfan

daxfan Member

Guys my email i didnt check my email for a long time sorry but i replyed to you all and hotmail currently is not letting me send you your flash0 files you asked for but i will send it you from yahoo if i can ok?
    Oh and YES i can recover a fully bricked psp. thanks

16. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

no u cant recover probably because u cant go on recovery so thats a load of $h!t b4 u start u mean a semi-brick

17. daxfan

daxfan Member

recovery menu was made to access flash0 and flash1 without opening up your psp but if you do there are to little kind of usb looking jacks if you get the cable for it you can stick it into your pc and get your friends flash0 and copy it onto your psp and it will work trust me.

18. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

that wont work because u cant get one of them cables u have to make one.... which will be hard

19. aqd84

aqd84 Member

guys can you please help me!!! i have a psp 3.40 oea and when i was flashing this MORTAL KOMBAT theme it now turn black.. the screen is on but its just black.. when i reset it i can go into recovery mode and all.. but thas about it, when i go back.. it just shows the cold boot then its black.. but the screen is on.. can someone tell me how to fix it.. or am i FUC@ED?? please help~!! i backed up my file and everything..

20. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

just replace the files u replaced its a semi brick replace them files and your psp will be good as new