1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp TA-082

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by homie19, Jan 16, 2007.

1. homie19

homie19 Guest

well i just found out my psp is a TA-082 soo there goes any hope if me getting a modchip and to add on top of that im suck with fw 2.81..is there anyway i can change this maybe i open the psp an remove the security components,it mite work? please i need help what would i have to do in this situation...thanx for any advice in advanced

2. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

first off ta 82 ca be downgrade up to 2.80 firware.
    but you are on 2.81 firware so you cant downgrade.
    the best solution is to exchange it to a lower version.

3. homie19

homie19 Guest

ahh dude thast gonan be kinda hard bro since i wont be able to exchange for it lower..what if i change the motherboard?

4. skit

skit Regular member

Yes, that would be an option, if you mind spending 100ish bucks, check out ebay, there should be a couple auctions for them.

5. homie19

homie19 Guest

thanx man ill check it out

6. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

yes change the mb can be the solution or just wait for a downgrader.

7. homie19

homie19 Guest

how long will that take? i hear fw.2.81 is the longest firware so far with out a downgrader

8. skit

skit Regular member

No one is going to know when the 2.81+ downgrader will come out, as that all depends on the devs. Sooo, you can either choose to wait, checking out pspupdates constantly to see any knews on it, or buy a motherboard. :p

9. homie19

homie19 Guest

thanx skit sorry to ask but what do u suggest i do

10. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

buy a second psp with downgradeable fw, enjoy that one. for the price of the mobo and installation, you can almost buy another psp.

then when devs create downgrader, you've got 2 psps running custom firmware and can play when your friends come over

when 2.6 was the only fw that could softdown, i bought an almost new 2.80 off someone really impatient who wanted to play homebrew and stupidly upgraded. paid next to nothing for it since he was so impatient