1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP that runs games without UMD's...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by alvince, Apr 6, 2007.

1. alvince

alvince Member

hello!!! is it possible for a psp to run a games (iso..etc..) without using any UMD..coz i have a friend having psp version 3.03 OE-C that can play any games and that made me surprise!!! and someone told me that you can downgrade without unpatched LCS...is this true!! tnx..

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

depending on your fw, you can w/o GTA LCS...if you are at 3.03, then no....GTA is the only way.

OE-C is what you want, what FW are u running now?

3. Mather

Mather Regular member

Yes its true that you can downgrade ur psp using a unpatch LSC, its the same way i downgraded mine. make sure ur ps is 3.03 inorder to use that downgrader

4. alvince

alvince Member

I'm using 3.10 OE-A version right now..i'm just wondering how a psp can run games without UMD...if nobody believe it...its here right now in front of me and it is 3.03 oe-c...tnx for the reply!!

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Theres nothing amazing about it, just go into recovery menu and enable no umd option, thats all there is to it.

You will find though that lots of games do not work with this option enabled.

6. alvince

alvince Member

So how can get thru the recovery menu..what steps to be made? tnx again for the reply!!!

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

You're running custom firmware and you don't know how to get to the recovery menu ???

turn fully off then turn on holding down the right shoulder button.

those readme.txt files are bundled with software for a reason you know.

8. alvince

alvince Member

Wow!!! i never knew about this..coz i don't have much time handling psp i'm busy at work..so thanks ggbarnum for the information....one more thing, what firmwares can i downgrade without using LCS?..lots of my friends only depending on me..they have FW 1.51,2.60,2.81 etc...i'm not gaining from doing this just helping...tnx again!!