1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Theme gears of war delete

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by shamil, Sep 5, 2007.

1. shamil

shamil Member

Hello
    I have a psp firmware 3.40oe on kernal 1.5 with a theme of gears of war i want to take it out. I want the theme that came with my psp when i first bought it. So what should i do?

2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Either take the backup of the original XMB that I'm sure you made and replace the files back or you can recover to 1.50 and re-install the custom firmware.

3. gameguru9

gameguru9 Guest

No you edited by ddpall you have to do is go to settings, down to them settings. click wallpaper and choose "do not use". see how simple it is edited by ddp.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  4. gameguru9

gameguru9 Guest

It should read "down to theme settings" not them settings

you need to explore your psp, even if you think you know what you're doing there's always another simpler way to do it.

Does anyone know how to apply themes to your psp, i downloaded a gears of war theme (which is pretty edited by ddp badass) and i can't get it to work?

5. gameguru9

gameguru9 Guest

LeadBaron someone should strip you of your so called junoir membership you edited by ddp. you're probably a 40 yr old edited by ddpscratching his edited by ddp as i speak. YOU edited by ddp.
    YOU edited by ddp.

6. Hacker06

Hacker06 Guest

bye bye gameguru9

7. dil333

dil333 Member

wow gameguru sounds pretty high. although that would mean he's happy when he is clearly not. Poor thing....

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I will reiterate what LeadBaron said-as this is what you would actually need to do...Dont listen to that other knucklehead who thinks he knows something just because he read a few threads and is now all of the sudden some 1337 pSp h4X0R- Which by the way, Mr. GameGuru, you are not...Disabling the wallpaper will do nothing for a theme that is embedded in the psp's internal memory...Even if you were able to clear out the wallpaper-You would still have a white background with the crazy-ass red gears of war icons and font...

SO who's the godamn idiot now? Who cant even figure out how to use the edit function to edit his own posts, and by the looks like it only took you about 10 minutes to think of something witty to say and then have your Mom type it for you, huh? Bravo...Better get out your raincoat, I hear a thunderstorm a brewin'....

Anyway shamil....
    If you didnt backup your flash0 folders, which contains the vsh/resource where those needed files are housed- I am afraid that you would have to get a hold of the "1.50 recovery winstaller" (google it) to revert your firmware back to 1.50-and you will have to reflash the 3.40OE to your psp to get your stock icons and font back to original...Its not that hard to do, but next time you mess around with your themes, make sure to save the flash0 folders to your computer so you can just copy/paste the files in the resource folder...

9. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Uh, just why did you dig up a thread from over a week ago?
    Anyways...

As dEEz_nUtz said, that would leave the icons on a white background.

It's called an "edit" button.

When done by the wrong person this leads to catastrophic things, including, but not limited to, bricking. People should only do things they are comfortable with, lest they be very rich or don't care about PSP anymore.

Then...

Of course, the person who knows how to put a custom theme on a PSP is a edited by ddp. It's not even that hard.

Someone should strip you of your Newbie ststus until you learn how to even remotely customize a PSP and learn how to speak properly.

And, you won't have to worry about this. I'm closing in on Member status

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gameguru9, lightning struck!!! posts edited

11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

so...i guess gameguru9 has made this off-topic...so anyways,just downgrade your psp and upgrade back to whatever firmware you want.