1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp themes 3.71 m33-3

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jayster12, Nov 30, 2007.

1. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

i have read other forums but i dont get what to do with the themees once i get them can someone please help me..? and how do you no if u are downloading the right themes they do not all say what version they are for?

2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Themes for 3.71 go on the memory stick, so any theme you download that is in .ptf format will be for 3.71.

3. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

sp what do i do once i get the themees jus put it on the memstick not in any folder..? and how would i do xmb ones

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Put them in X:\PSP\THEME\, and they will appear in the Theme settings in the XMB (home menu)

5. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

their is no psp/theme and can you be a bit moe cleare on what to do thanks

6. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

On the root of the memory stick, there should be a folder called PSP. Open that up, then you should see a folder called GAME, and several others, including SAVEDATA. Still just in the PSP folder, create a new folder called THEME. Place the themes in there.

7. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

Do i put the ptf and gameboot file in theme and can you brick you psp doing this?

8. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

You don't put a gameboot in there, installing a new gameboot is a completely different process. But, yes, you put the theme there. No chance of bricking, as these themes are stored in flash1, not flash0, after they are taken off the memory stick.

9. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

ok i got it thanks for the help and can you put more then one ptf file on ur psp?

10. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

You just put more than one on. When you go to change between them, though, it will say it is deleting the one previously installed, but that's off the internal memory. They always stay on thememory stick, unless you tell it to delete it.

11. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

ok thanks again for the help! now its time to try xmb files..? if ne noes how to do those can you help me out?

12. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

These will alter the XMB.
    But, if you mean changing te theme via actual flash0, then, it will not work on 3.71 M33. The way i just said is the only way to get themes on that firmware. If you really, really, want something other than the Sony themes, there is a way to convert any theme to .ptf, but it involves a bunch of file manipulating.

Or, the easy alternative is to drop back to 3.52 M33 and use one of the many pre-made themes and directly dump them into the flash0.

Still interested?

13. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

maybe like iv been reading a bunch of stuff and everyone says xmb is alot better then the ptf ones what exactly is the difference..?

14. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

There is no real difference, just more customization. The .ptf only changes the background and icons. The .rco ones in the flash0 can change the font style, the background waves, sounds, volume bar, custom hardboot SCE logo, battery bar and even busy icon (little swirly thin in the bottom right corner when its reading something). But, these little details can brick your PSP, so it's not reccomended unless you know what your doing.

15. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

ok well ill stick with the 1 I have but im looking on the site http://www.consolespot.net and their are ones for 3.71m33 wouldnt i jus b able to use those for xmb?

16. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Hmmm...Since its a .rco, I would assume it has to go in the flash0, but you need a special tool to put themes in flash0 on 3.71 M33, I think, (I haven't really experimented in the realm of 3.71 M33 flash0 themes, I was always happy with the Wipeout one) so if you can find a guide to help you with it, hats off. I can't help you with that one, sorry.

17. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

no problem you still helped me out with the themes on this im sure ill be able to figure it out eventually

18. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Alright, then, good luck, bon soir. (for those french people among us)

19. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

you can put themes on your psp can any1 tell me how to

20. jayster12

jayster12 Regular member

can someone give me a detailed turtorial on how to but xmb themes on your psp either by using the plugins or using flash0 i have tried almost everything for the plugins but they never show up i would really like xmb themes on my psp and would really apperciate some help from someone thanks