1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP trick works? good? bad?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by pspjunior, Jul 28, 2007.

1. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

"1st-buy a new psp. 2nd-then put the old psp in the new box. 3rd-return the old psp and bam new psp. Now with that last one returning the old psp, that might have just had been luck for me. Just go in fast and get out of there just as quick. Just say that it wasn't what you wanted.;) I never got caught but i kindof think what i did was wrong :p lol. sure i was. but really. "

i got this from a post "codeman74" posted and he claimed that it works and i was thinking of doing the same exact thing. and i was wondering if the chances of this working is very good and if the trick/plan is safe to do.

thanks for any answers

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

actually, it does work, as long as u explain to them whats wrong with it, and they buy it. but, if u get caught, then, well, lets just say u wont have any psps for a while.

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

There's one little detail that's missing from this whole return equation. If you have an observant store, they'll be able to figure out that the PSP you returned is not the same PSP you bought.

If you're not smart enough to know what it is, you deserve to get caught.

4. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

you gotta make sure you change the serial numbers off of the PSPs so that they match the serial numbers on the box.

5. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

oh ok
    thanks, i have two PSP and the PSP im gonna put in the box is full of homebrew and stuff but before i do return it i have to make sure what fw is the NEW PSP and if its too high then im not gonna return my old PSP at all because my PSP just has 2 things wrong with it, the analog stick ( Rough and too close to the faceplate (made scratches)) and the WiFi which has somthing wrong with it ( it cannot detect my wireless ruter from 5 inches away) but my other PSP (i have 2) has no problems and everything works fine and i use that PSP to upgrade the firmware.

so anyways, thanks.

6. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

A lot of stores are checking the serial numbers now. If you don't want to change them, then try to return when it's busy maybe.

I'd remove all the custom fw from the psp you're returning, and if you're buying a new psp it'll prob have a pretty high fw version, so unless you have gta or lumines you'll be sol.