1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Troubleshooting Assistance, Please.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Misre, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Misre

Misre Member

I recently received a PSP, but my dilemma is it does not play UMDs. If the game is inserted before powering on it only shows the background with the circular icon in the lower right. If the game is inserted after power on it just doesn't register the game, and operates normally with the rest of the browser options.

I read the forums and have concluded that it's not bricked, and probably needs me to fiddle with recovery mode but it doesn't acknowledge the power on while holding down R, it just powers on.

I don't know much, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Have you checked that you have No Umd dissabled in recovery mode?

If so then your laser is buggered and you should get another one from your warrenty.

3. Misre

Misre Member

Thank you very much I wasn't feeling the love but I have one more question.

I read this in the forum, Recovery mode is only available to those with custom firmware.

Does that mean I should add something to my PSP to attain this capability considering recovery mode doesn't pop up for me??? Thanks.

4. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Im guessing your above firmware 3.03. If so there should be a downgrader really really soon. What you need to do is go out and buy the game lumines before it gets patched. QUICK!!

5. Misre

Misre Member

And my system software is listed as Version 2.81, does this make a difference?

So from what I'm understanding I should downgrade it and use Lemmings as a boot disc and from there I will be able to recitify the UMD dilemma or at the very least access recovery mode and see if it's my options or a bad laser? Am I in the right direction. Thanks alot and as soon as you give the word I will be in the store purchasing Lemmings.

Who would have thought I would ever buy that game... :)

6. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

ok lol dont worry you DONT have to buy the game. You can downgrade your psp. Just follow this guide and you should be absolutaly fine :)

forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide-281-303-to-15-downgrade-guide-92517.html

7. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

www.forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide-281-303-to-15-downgrade-guide-92517.html

Im not sure if that link worked try this one.

8. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

9. Misre

Misre Member

Third times a charm. :) Gracias!! Whatever the outcome thanks for the help it is most apprceciated.

10. johnnypsp

johnnypsp Member

I need help. My PsP green power light comes on but the screen does not come on. What is wrong with it ?