1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp tv link

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by hooyah, Oct 13, 2007.

1. hooyah

hooyah Member

i was just reading some article about the new psp and although it can be hooked up it needs a specific tv for it to work.

can this link be used with the old psp?

or do i have to get the new ones. which kinda sucks?

does anyone know how to go around and hook up the old psp to a tv?

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

cant be done yet because the slim has a different thing at the bottom then the fat psp. the old headset and remote dont work anymore for the slim so you have to buy everything new so it DOES suck :(

3. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I spent ages trying to hook my PSP up to a projector, would have been awesome, hopefully someone makes a cable or an app that will allow to connect up to TV or projector.

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

tehre was something similar to this on ebay. and you can mod you psp (open it up and mod it) to put the red white and yellow outputs or w.e theyre called in the back of ur psp.

5. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Ive seen one before with a USB connection that goes into a little black box that has an Audio & Visual cable that come out of the other side. The furthest i got was enabling USB and on the screen it comes up with MP_ROOT so maybe would work with IRSHELL? Doubt it but worth a try at some point anyway.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

are you usint the RGB component cables? because those are the only cables that will display games; all games are shown in 480p. the regular Y/R/W composite cables can only display the xmb, and movies stored on the memory stick.

only thing that sucks is that the games are displayed on 480p. it's capable of viewing 1080p when connected to the ps3, but can only output 480p.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007