1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Un-Bricking

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by alexjowen, Feb 11, 2007.

1. alexjowen

alexjowen Guest

Hi there people of the Afterdawn forums over the time being a member here i realised that everyone has help to give and receive and right now i could do with receiving lol, i flashed my psp with a custom fonts and icon set and now it has BRICKED it, could anyone help me on un-bricking if so plz reply thanx! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2007
  2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

What is it with people and email addresses tonight?! REMOVE IT or you will be spammed to death and the mods will hunt you down.

Whether you can come back from a partial brick is firmware dependant. Which version do you have? Also hold "R" when turning your psp on and see if a configuration menu comes up, if it does you may be in luck

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. alexjowen

alexjowen Guest

well when i turn it on its a black screen for bout 20 secs then switches off and im on 1.5 and pressinf R dont work so could you help?

4. pspcrazy2

pspcrazy2 Regular member

there is no possible way to unbrick your psp at 1.50.

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yea if u didnt have any custom firmware installed or 1.50 recovery mode installed, its bricked only way to fix is a modchip.

6. alexjowen

alexjowen Guest

my sis has a psp at 3.03 can i use tht in anyway to fox my 1.5?

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

No, as already stated you cannot unbrick a 1.5 unless you muy a modchip or a new mobo

8. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

or if it got custom firmware. Modchip are a pain they cost like 80 and really hard to install. New motherboard are like 80$.

9. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

As has already being said, he hasn't got custom firmware.

10. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

Poor PSP, it was so young. sniff. "Stands, Salutes, Holds Moment of Silence."

11. alexjowen

alexjowen Guest

ok lets start over is there anyway possible to get a recovery menu or summat to fix my psp 1.5:
    I dont want to buy a new Mobo or buy a modship
    I have no custom firmware jsut 1.5
    and now for another question is there anywhere outhere that will lets me transfer the psps original bios or summat well the origial psp factory settings type things onto the psp so i can use it again?
    thanks for your replies, but please help me

12. oosel

oosel Regular member

As they said that is your only choice. the only other option you have is to buy another psp and start over, sorry bud.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  13. alexjowen

alexjowen Guest

frack it ill jus get a brand new psp and stay clean of mods and flashing tbh i thinks its my only option a fresh start cus if i get a new mobo ill be tempted im jsu gna jump straight to the official 3.03, but if any suggestions on this topic arrise feel free to help me lol :D