1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Unbricking true?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tc_, Jul 12, 2007.

1. tc_

tc_ Member

is it true the guys at www. foundmy .com can unbrick PSP units. I have one here that killed on a downgrade wondering if i should send it in? are they for real?

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

3. tc_

tc_ Member

well ya i looked at their rating ya. but i guess anyone could go on those rating sites and put anything in too. but it looks like they are the only ones that will unbrick without opening the unit and installing a chip. so i will send my unit to them.

4. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

hold on, have u got msn? if so tell me it so i can help you faster.

5. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

is someone gonna ban this gangsta00 guy or what? he's just trying to dupe someone into sending him their psp....

6. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Yes, modchip is a way to unbrick PSP, however the UP modchi9p is only for the old mobo, the new mobo is not supported. Devolution (there are 2 version, n most stores only have the 2nd batch now, n they were on preorder for months now) was a newer chip for psp, it enables USB to flash the PSP' flash chip n does not have a extra nand flash like the UP n it cost more. Its also a pain to install. As with the "magic battery" (jigkick) it is real, some stores have it to unbrick.

Edit: http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=82 that site says foundmy is good place. n yea resellerratings are not always accurate, depends on how many ppl wrote a review. O yea n in resellerratings for some reason u need to put in the order number before u can write a review.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  7. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  8. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Guys, Im Pretty Sure There Is Alot Of Threads On This Site With Already This Info In It... But Mod Chip Is The Way To Go, But Costs Quite Alot And You Need Some Skilled Hands...