1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP (v 3.03) & USB & Devhook question...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by diggers, Jan 15, 2007.

1. diggers

diggers Member

Hi, hope someone can help. I want to connect my PSP to my laptop via usb and have a library of my games and films stored on the laptop. I have read that you can use devhook with a USB mod to do that but I cant get it to work.

I tried ultimate devhook (v.46) which has the USB option and my PC wont recognise the PSP with devhook even when USB is enabled (it works fine when I connect to USB mode on the psp but you have to press the circle which disconnects USB in order to load devhook). I tried extreme link but again the PSP isn't recognised by the PC. I also tried USBhostFS. The PC detects new hardware but then cant find a driver for it. I tried the USBhostFS driver but it didn't work (the driver does not contain information about your hardware). I tried devhook .51 and .52 but they dont have the USB option.

The PSP is recognised as a drive in my computer when you switch it to USB mode. At other times I cant find any drivers to get it to work. I have the IC1003 PSP board if that makes a difference

Can anyone help please? I'm using dark-alex- 3.03 firmware, can run my movie and game files from the memory stick fine but you cant fit many on a stick so I still have to pack all the UMDs which is what I am trying to avoid.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Ant

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

as i said this before several times now, usbhostfs cant be used right now for 3.02/3.03 oe firmwares. it is said that sony patched this.

3. diggers

diggers Member

Hmph! Thanks for the reply. Can you suggest a solution? Perhaps I have to go to 3.01 or something or is there another product that will do the same with 3.03? What I really need is a 60GB memory card! I am so pleasantly surprised the the PSP I wish I had bought one sooner but the storage space is an issue. I saw a little red HD case(the rapsody s25) which lets you put your own HD (so 60 or 100gb potentially) in it but I dont know if you can run games or movies from it. Its a shame you cant just plug in a portable USB HD and be done with it. There is a datel 4gb drive but that seems a bit pointless over the 4gb memory stick and I found a UMD compact flash card adaptor but to run my games from the memory card I need an original UMD in which means the compact flash wouldn't work I dont think. What I really need is a way of connecting to the laptop and reading the files from teh laptop HD, or a way of connecting a HD to the PSP directly or even a way to connect via wifi but I doubt that it would be fast enough. Any ideas? I cant imagine I'm the only one in this situation. Hope someone can help.

4. diggers

diggers Member

How about if you could connect an ipod to the PSP via usb with the ipod acting like a HD? That would be really useful.