1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP v1.5 Vs. Custom Firmware 3.xx OE-x, Whats the Difference?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Vaindetta, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Hello Community, Ive been a reader here for quite some time but figured Id open up my Posting with a question I can't seem to find straight answers for.

What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Having Custom Firmware over a PSP v1.5?

Me and My friend at work have become quite proficient with getting Homebrew installed (i.e. Game Emu's), Converting Video to MPEG-4 Format, Installing DevHook and Running ISO's in 3.03, Ect Ect Ect on our 1.5 PSP's. But Lately Ive been reading some things about the Custom Firmwares out and the Potential they have.

But what Exactly makes them so great anyways? Whats the latest and best thing out, will I miss anything from v1.5 if I install Custom Firmware?

Thanks for looking and hope to get to know everyone real soon.

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

custom firmware can do everything 1.5 can. heck, for instace, 3.03 oe-c is a hybrid betwen 1.5 and 3.03, and then u also can play ps1 eboots on 3.02 oe-b and above. u'd be a fool not to use it =)

3. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Sounds to good to be true! All the new updates, no extra loading with DevHook, PS1 Emulator, Homebrew, Theres gotta be a catch!

Thanks for the Response.

4. jaker911

jaker911 Member

1.5 has no internet and you cant chancge backround nothing is good as 3.03 oec .....the best firmware availble

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

actually there is a way to get internet on 1.5, but still...u are right

6. corchox

corchox Regular member

what happens when a new custom firmware comes out? gotta go back to 1.5? and then install the new one? there's always gonna be a risk?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  7. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

Custom firmware has recovery so when you brick your psp you can recover it. and also add all of these plugins liek quick usb when you are at xmb press both l and r at the same time to access usb without going to usb. also quickpower and 4th brightness. also accessing flash0 and flash1 thorugh recovery. 3.03 has more homebrew becaues some things only work with it. also has many other features like to customize xmb very easily with usb flash0 and flash1 as I mentioned above. It has the same homebrew features as 1.50 and all the features in 3.03 like the camera. Also more music features it has visualizer also can make videos fit the whole screen without making too blurry. unlike 1.50 it can access mem sticks over 1 gb
    update: that should be good enough. nearly 80% of the homebrew community has custom firmware

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  8. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Absolutely Excellent, My friend and I did 3 PSP's today in 3.03OEC and we love it. One of them was a TA-082 board too. Thanks for the the input, it was definitely worth it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  9. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

now you can play all those ps1 games.. oh those eyebugs again :D

10. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

Lol this is a stupid correction but I'm still going to type it out. It's not me and my friend it's my friend and I

11. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Fixed!

You guys can fix everything, not just PSP's, but grammar too!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  12. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

iso emulation w/o need for an app(fastloader/devhook/etc)....what more can i say?

OE-C owns your mom!

13. S15NOB

S15NOB Member

hi i was just wondering what was the process you guys (vaindetta) did when you did the psp wiht the TA-082 motherboard? what version was it?

14. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

@vaindetta
    what can i say? he's a spammer too, just like me >:)

15. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

The PSP was my Friend's little brother's. We suspected it was originally a 2.71 that he upgraded to 2.82. So what we did was upgrade his to 3.03 then used the Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories exploit downgrader called noobz downgrader to get it to 1.50.

Here's a thread that should have a guide Here

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  16. coolsumit

coolsumit Member

hey i m sry but i just updated my psp to a 3.03 firmware .. and was planning to use the GTA:LCS method to dwngrade to 1.5 .... is it a gud idea or is there a way i can go to 3.03 oec.. if yes plzz help me .. thank you

17. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

you have to install 3.03OE-C from 1.5.

use the 3.03 noobz downgrader I posted above, then you can upgrade 3.03OE-C.

The custom firmware works by meshing 1.5 and 3.03 into a hybrid firmware. allowing you to use features from both.

18. coolsumit

coolsumit Member

hey thnkx a lot Vaindetta i will get back like tomorrow to know how to upgrade bak again to the 3.03 oec firmware again ... thnkx a lot

19. XboxIsDaB

XboxIsDaB Member

Ah bricks anyone selling there bricks let me know my house wont . be long beofore its done :)

[​IMG]

20. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

3.XX OE-X Is the way forward play all 3.XX firmware games without using devhook or any other loader. (never got devhook to work with 1.5)

plus u can customize your psp in more ways than u could ever imagine!

Dark_Alex will always be 1 step ahead of Sony so Custom-Firmware Will always be better!