1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP V3.03 Downgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tannedb, Jun 15, 2007.

1. tannedb

tannedb Member

I have a PSP V3.03 with an unpatched version of GTA:LCS. (Firmware 2.00 below the disc UMD)

Now I have tried downgrading by copying files to the PSP as detailed on each readme. I have placed the Eboot file (after renaming to UPDATE)in the PSP/GAME/UPDATE, so basically I Have carried out the exact readme instructions.

When I load the game GTA:LCS the sceen does go Black but doesnt seem to do anything else, Does this part take any amount of time? When I restart the PSP (cos nothing is happening) I check my System Information in hope to see V3.03 HEN but it never appears.

When I go to the memory stick under games on the psp it does have the update xyz but i do not want to do this unless i should be,

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

2. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

have u copied all the HEN files needed?
    then the ta-082 patchers and stuff i dont have a ta-082 but i still needed the drivers because it wasent workin just a black screen like u

3. tannedb

tannedb Member

I have downloaded the software required off NOOBZ website for the version 3.03 downgrade and the version 1.5 firm ware carried out exatly as stated in the read me file and results to this. You have mentioned about the motherboard update however I am unable to find this can you please advise? I decided to reset the PSP back to default and it started up in Japanense does this mean I have a Jap PSP if so how do find this?

4. tannedb

tannedb Member

ok, i now know what i was doing wrong!!!! when i got to the stage of loading the gta lcs game i would tap x to speed up the load game save part, but i decided to leave the next time and YIPPEE i finally had 3.03 HEN. The biggest smile ever appeared. I have finally sucessfully downgraded to 1.5, now what????????????????????????/

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

good good now upgrade to 3.40oe-a its a mix between 1.5 and 3.40 and also u dont need devhook!

6. tannedb

tannedb Member

I upgraded to 3.03oe-c with no probs and the games worked fine, however i loaded gta lcs to actually play it and now for some reason the psp will not start up, does this mean its knackered?

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

its becuase u still got hen files on now its loaded HEN
    right then use google for a 1.5 recovery winstaller use that this will tell ya what to do

8. tannedb

tannedb Member

Sorry for the delay, I have successfully got my PSP up and running again.

Cheers for the help.

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

how did ya do it dude?
    did u recover to 1.5 or replace flash0 because u did the exact same thing that i did cos i didnt know how to downgrade oe firmwares i thought it was same as official lol when i was a n00b