1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp version 1.00 ???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jav24, Apr 11, 2007.

1. jav24

jav24 Member

hi

i have a psp ver 1.00 i know that 1.00 is only for japan but i got it from a friend who never use it so i downloaded the version 1.50 i would like to know how do i install it to my psp does someone has any steps or a guide on how to aplly the version 1.50 thanks.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Just download version 1.50 and make a folder on your psp called "PSP" and then make a folder inside that one called "GAME" and then make a folder inside that one called "UPDATE" and put the eboot.php of your 1.50 update in there. Then go into your homescreen and the update will be under memory stick in the game section. Good Luck!

3. jav24

jav24 Member

im sorry can you be more specific and also i have the usb cable and the memory stick of 32 mb but i dont have the adapter for the memory stick that goes in the PC can i do it using the usb cable and if i can, would you be able to tell me the steps? thanks

4. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

Ohkay, a few things before we move along...

1. If you plan to use homebrew with this 1.50 update, you'd BETTER get a bigger mem stick, preferrably 1.0 GB. They sell for $40 at Target now. Otherwise, you probably won't get an optimal experience with homebrew. I reccommend you get a 1 GB mem stick in the very near future.

2. If you don't have the following directories, create them. Note: X equals whtever drive you PSP will be.
    X:pSP should be there already. Open that folder and create a "GAME" folder if there isn't one already there.
    In that folder, create another one and name it "UPDATE."
    Now with those directories created, you now must download the update in that folder. Once you finish the download, go all the way up to X: drive. Open PSP, then GAME, then UPDATE. If the eboot is in there, you're good to go!

Let us know how it works out, and if you need further instruction!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  5. jav24

jav24 Member

ok im on 1.50 version can someonetell me the steps for going to 3.03 oe-c ??? thanks

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

Hex's 3.03 OE-C Winstaller
    there ya go m8...

cheers

7. jav24

jav24 Member

hey thanks for the link but in your opinion which one is better 3.03oe-c or the 3.03 oe-a ???

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

OE-C for damn sure...3.10 OE-A is like a BETA version OE...its still kinda new....

OE-C owns!!!!!

9. jav24

jav24 Member

im sorry but i don't understand the instructions where it says copy also the 150 PBP and 303 PBP i only have the files oeupdmaker oeupdmaker%, 303oeflasher 303oeflasher% where is that 150 PBP and 303PBP files ??? thanks

10. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

why dont u just download a easy installer for this, thats what i did and it worked like a charm

11. jav24

jav24 Member

why do you mean with easy installer can you be more specific?? thanks.

12. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

he already gave u the link http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

and an easy installer just copies needed files over and then all u have to do is start the installer in ur psp, and it will flash 3.03 oe-c...u can even read the instructions on the image in the link

13. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

so how come you cant just put the 1.50 update into your memory stick and install it over a FW 3.10+??

14. fultonla

fultonla Guest

becauuse you cant run unsigne code on 3.10 and up

15. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

i see, so the FW's 3.10+ are stored on the psp's internal memory?

16. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

yes, as well as all the other firmware's files. the files are called the flash

17. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

and couldnt these files be written over? or is that how you "brick" the psp?

18. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

most of them are needed, if u delete any of the necessary ones, u can brick...but if u replace them with customized ones, thats how u have customized xmbs - like icons, font, etc

19. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

so then couldnt you just delete the files that have the security updates in them while keeping the old system files? or are these files embedded into the flash?

20. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

i'm pretty sure the security stuff is imbedded into needed files...and even if they weeren't, i wouldn't know what to delete...besides if it was possible, i'm sure some of the hackers out there like dark alex and team c+d would have figured it out. just don't do anything with ur flash, because obviously u don't know much about it, and wait for a downgrader