1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp version 3.40 clarification

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nissan46, Jun 1, 2007.

1. nissan46

nissan46 Member

hey guyz
    watsup i just wanted to know how do u guys know ifyouve got a version 3.40 OE-A or watever, everytime i go into my system info on my psp all its says next to version is 3.40 and thats... it thats all it every freakin says and im getting pissed of because all the other forums i ve been to so far keeps beating around the bush and tellin me im a noob instead of sharing info on how to know if ive already got the 0E-A or do i need to get it!

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if it doesnt say 3.40 oe-a, u dont have 3.40 oe-a.
    the only way to get that is to upgrade to it using a program like this http://www.pspmod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17548 and for that to work u need version 1.50 as of now, there is no way to downgrade a 3.40 u need to wait for people to find a valid exploit in the firmware and come up with a downgrader. it may happen in 1 day, or never. i have 3.40 oe-a, and my system says 3.40 oe-a

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  3. nissan46

nissan46 Member

Thank you mrmcman i really appreciate your help i mean the news is preetty much BAD NEW for me and im basically stuck with this version i know but o well the bright side is that i get to enjoy my regular psp for longer now instead having to face the tough question of risking to brick it with that stuff if i mess up just cuz i want to make it betterbut yeah i hopw that make a downgrader (for us ppl who just got a psp and didnt know about homebrew) soon too! but he another question you know on you r box when you got the psp it said a letter underneath the part waher it say 120v on the side .. i watched the psp hacking 101 video on you tube and they said somthing about having a letter either A or B or somthing but mine hase no letter period it doesnt say any later next to ss259 on the left side i believe of the package so does that mean even if i had an earlier version psp then i still wouldn't be able to do it right? i mean they specifically said FOLKS YOU NEED TO HAVE AND A OR B underneath the part where it says 120V on the side of your package to ensure that you can put hombrew on your psp! or does this meant that i can still instill hombrew later after they make a downgrader for my version(3.40) but the risk is going to be a lot greater becasue i dont even have a letter there? pls i just got this thing like five months ago and i just opened it like two weeks ago and pdated it after i started trying to learn more about it on the internet like modifications and stuff sooo im preety much new to the whole psps mod scene but i badly wann personalize my crap but ...o i talk to much u understand what the heck i mean lol

4. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Do any of your friends have PSPs? Maybe you can swap with them if their firmware is 2.8 or below. It worked perfectly for me :)

5. nissan46

nissan46 Member

yeah but see there in lies th prob i do have alot of freinds that are really in enthused with psp so with saying that they look up the psp on the web and learned a ton of info on it already so they know why i wanna do it so they .. well you can pick up the rest from there! i hope