1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp Versions?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gemlouise, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gemlouise

gemlouise Member

Hi all I am very new to this so if you could just humour me a little I would appreciate it a lot.
    Am thinking about buying a psp that I have found on ebay. Its 249 quid comes with 2gb memory card and 75! yes 75 games. I think this too god to be true but none the less want it. The owner has 14 brand new. He says it is version 1.5 or 2.71 whichever I want it to be and als that they are rare and have stopped being made.
    Is he pulling my eg and what is the difference between vers1.5 and 2.71? Will I have any problems if I buy this and does it sound like a rip off?
    Thanks for reading.
    Gem

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Sounds expensive. post the link to the item and let us see it.

3. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

Sounds like he has alot of ISO games (not on disk, but on DVDs or something).

1.5 'was' the holy grail of PSP firmwares which allowed you do do almost anything you want. Recently a new series of custom firmwares have been released. To use these custom firmwares you must have a PSP with firmware 2.80 or older on it. You then 'downgrade' to 1.5 which bypasses alot of security stuff Sony have put in the firmware. Then upgrade to the custom Dark Alex 3.03 OE-A/2 firmware.

With this firmware you can backup games to memory stick and play, and also play all homebrew that has been released over the past few years (games and apps made by hobby programmers).

£250 is way too much. I recently bought a brand new PSP (2.71) with GTAVC and KillZone from GameStation, I got about £45 back by putting those two games on ebay. Ended up costing about £120, I traded some old PC games in and got a 2gb memstick for them.

I'd let that one go and keep watching ebay, the best deals at the moment are the ones being sold with a bunch of games. You see alot go for £180ish with 7-10 games, and you can always put the games back on ebay to get some money back.

4. gzach

gzach Regular member

those 75 games he's talking about must be ISO's which he downloaded, and as for the part about those PSpP's not being made now, you can buy any psp not higher than 2.71 and downgrade it to 1.5