1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Virus?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by PKKDoom, Sep 9, 2007.

1. PKKDoom

PKKDoom Member

Last night I was trying to set recovery on my psp, I hold r and turned my psp on my memory stick was corrupted and it's totally fried now and on the plus side when I put in a perfectly fresh memory stick in my psp it won't come out when I push it any ideas? I just found out my comp had a virus and thats wut glitches my mem stick..

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. psp35

psp35 Regular member

can you explain that again... you said that the memory card wont show?

3. tehsick

tehsick Regular member

No, He means he is the first person to ever recieve a psp VIRUS!

DUH.

4. foxrider

foxrider Guest

calm down there.. if there was a virus then he could just deep format his memory card and use a pandora and format his flash(if it got in there) then the virus would be gone but i dont think it is a virus, clean your computer

5. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

actually, im the first to recieve a virus on my PSP, from a trojan (i found out when i connected it to my computer and the anti-virus detected it instantly) which came from this corrupt came a friend gave me last November. my psp started to play up (screen flicker, freezing, controls froze after a few minutes and it turned off randomly) and i sent it back to Sony. Luckily, they didn't pick it up, and since then, ive had to send my PSP back three times for various reasons.

6. chaos_zzz

chaos_zzz Member

no problem message me if u need help on low-formatting your memory stick. aside of that now with pandora if u have a friend ur back on track in no time. so psp virus not really a problem ;)

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

the downgrader 2.0 to 1.5 show's up in AV as PSP.Trojan or some crap, sony bought it's way in w/ the AVList and so that will always come up when u have that, so it could have been that which was detected.

i have a hard time believing u would be the first person to get a PSP Virus, and not to mention it'd be a waste for someone to write something like that anyway, and PSP doesn't handle .exe so they'd have to find a way to make it into a PRX and blah blah blah, too time consuming, it'd be easier just to brick it.

8. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

hahaha yeah
    is like.. linux
    theres no virus' for it ...
    pretty sure its NOT a virus.
    but it'd be kinda funny if it was.

9. foxrider

foxrider Guest

that wouldnt be funny that would SUCK!!!