1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp volume turns itself down..

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by makojuice, Jun 28, 2007.

1. makojuice

makojuice Member

hello there im currenly having a problem with my psp ..
    just yesterday all was gravy till it decided to start turning the volume down to nothing ..all on its own .. i was thinking that the button might be outa wack .. but it doesint seem like it. i restored all default settings and that worked for about 1 min or 2 .. then it did it again .. i even formated the memory stick to see if it was some kind of file on there causing it .. no luck .. when i do the return on the default settings .. itll let me have half volume .. but it wont let me turn it up at all it only goes down on its own .. hmm .. well if anyone knows the prob let me know .. im hoping that its a common problem and that the smart people here on afterdawn already know what to ... (crossing fingers) lol ..thanks!

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Might be a hardware problem. Wiring getting short circuited. I would first reflash your OE to rule out any software glitch.

3. dymx

dymx Guest

i am having the same exact problem if anyone could help that would be great

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

what firmwares as well?

5. dymx

dymx Guest

mine is 3.40oe

6. psp35

psp35 Regular member

my guess is that the volume button is being pushed on the inside. unless you have warranty you shouldnt try this but open it psp n clean it up.