1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP vs. GP2X

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by PSWii60, Jan 30, 2007.

1. PSWii60

PSWii60 Member

I know this probably has been posted a million times before, but I was just wondering which one I should get. Well, I already have a PSP, but I have version 3.03, and I don't want to have to buy some dumb game just to downgrade it. Besides, the new firmwares always lock up the homebrews, so by the time I upgrade it, 3.03 OE-C will be outdated. So, setting that aside, which is better for homebrew hardware-wize, control-wize, and general quality-wize? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks :-D

2. panino666

panino666 Member

If you have a 3.03, probably you´ll find somebody with a copy of GTA:LCS on your city, if don´t, maybe you´ll think if it worth buying one.
    Regarding the firmware lock for homebrew, sony released 3.10 yesterday, and today the scene has decrypted the content, so there´s no such outdating that you said, besides the fact that you must not upgrade your system with official updates anymore. The only thing i miss from the gp2x is the native support for DivX/Xvid formats, but it is a matter of time to get it on our PSPs. 10 millions of sold units can´t be so wrong :)

3. evolve123

evolve123 Regular member

GP2X has a 10 minute battery life. Creators of GP2X had their heads in their asses. Get a PSP.

4. evolve123

evolve123 Regular member

Crappy ass screen too.

5. FrEaKK

FrEaKK Guest

You are crappy.
    It has 3 hours battery life with my batteries and the screen is good too
    Obviously you don't even have one you edited by ddp...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  6. evolve123

evolve123 Regular member

i'm crappy? don't say that I'm brown. F*CK YOU!! Under the constituation I can sue you for saying that.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  7. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Flamers infecting threads.

That gp2x thing looks neat, in concept. I don't trust things I don't hear a lot about though. Any reviews, anyone?

8. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

acually ont his site you dont have the right to bash people...you'll get banned.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  9. evolve123

evolve123 Regular member

10. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It really sounds interesting and as soon as it supports .mkv, I might give it a try. SD cards are cheap as hell (4GB around 30 Euros on ebay) and as an open source portable media player it sounds really nice. But the stats aren't as good as the PSP, the processor is weaker (200 MHz) and I don't think the games have PSP-Quallity, that handhelt only got a 2-D engine.
    Correction: No, I don't really think I give it a try. Too expensive and too weak compared to the PSP you can get for nearly the same price used as a gp2x new. I have seen some screens of official games, they look like crap compared to a PSP. The PSX-Emulator doesn't really work well and the chances for a N64 emulator are not really high. Seems the ones existing for PSP already do a better job than those for gp2x will ever do.
    I haven't tried a GP2X yet, it's all just what I read in some forums, so don't really count on my oppinion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  11. ChaPPs007

ChaPPs007 Member

GP2X is a great hand-held. Have a look at YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gp2x&search=Search

to see it in action with: MAME, SNES, CPS2, NeoGeo, NES, Sega Geness/Megadrive, C64, Amiga, Sega Mega CD, etc.

It's much more geared towards emulation and open source development. If you like all new flashy games, stay with the PSP.

Please don't dis something you know nothing about - have a look, be open minded and see what's available... PSP is not the only thing in the world...:)

ChaPPy