1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP WEB PLAY

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hack01, Nov 5, 2007.

1. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I havent been on this form in a long time, but can someone tell me if I can play games on line w/my mod PSP My version is 3.40 OE-A

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yea, as long as you have a wireless router, the features of the firmware (and the games) are the same as official firmware, so "backup" games work online as well.

3. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Im sorry, but never even attempted to try to set up a online connection or tried using it. Just played my backed up games. Do you have to have a wireless router? And can you tell me or point me in the right direction for a tutorial for playing online.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, you have to have a wireless router (Most broadband packages come with a free wireless wouter these days), actually setting up a connection on your PSP is very, very simple. The only thing you'll need to know yourself is what security your router has (EG: WEP), and know that code. It only takes about 3mins to set up a new connection.

5. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I have Roadrunner as a provider and just the regular router. I would like to play it when Im out and about and not just close to a router is this possable. Is there something cheap that I can get that will work for this.

6. rogue101

rogue101 Member

You can buy decent wireless routers for like 50$. D-Link, Linksys?

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Not possible, because the PSP needs propper broadband (So no connecting to the type of connection mobile phones use for web access), and only connects like wireless laptops do. Therefore, when you go out of your house (Garden doesn't count), you can't connect to the internet. The only other way is to find wireless hotspots, these are found in most cafes in cities, in all airports and many train stations (In the UK anyway, not sure what the coverage is in the US).

8. hack01

hack01 Regular member

so a portable wireless router would be my best bet then

9. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Erm... you can't get one? I don't know, will have to look it up but i really doubt that. The wireless router works with your internet connection, and you can't have a great but phone wire trailing from your house with your PSP...