1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PsP Went for swim in My TOILET

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bodlfed66, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bodlfed66

bodlfed66 Member

To make a long story shorter, psp fell off my counter into my toilet while Family Guy the game was on. It shut off immediately. I waited 3 days and then reinstalled battery after a full desanitizing of the outer shell. Powered on to find it still worked but it was constantly going to the left. A partiall dissasembly to clean where the directional pad ribbon connected to the board and the screen internally where toilet water had spotted it and I am back in business. Everything works but my internet. When i click on the internet the screen turns white ant then goes kinda faded back to my main menu with a arrow in the corner untill I click on another icon and then it turns back to normal. The kicker is it will set the time via the internet and it says I have 100% reception so I know the general function of it still works. My question is where is the internet program or information contained? I am using 3.40 oe w/custom icons etc. Thanks for all the previous help that I have gotten off this web page w/o asking. Normally a search in the afterdawn forums finds the answer I need w/o posting but I have not seen a toilet post yet. Even if no one replys to my question please read this and remember- DO NOT SET PSP NEXT TO YOUR TOILET~! The cleaning and desanitizing was almost enough to make me ebay it. Sorry for the long post.

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

its prolly all the lil turds lodged in the wifi chip :p

4. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

its prob just the sensor got water stuck in still

take the sensor pads out and sqeeze the water out.

provided u turned it off straigh away then nothin can hav blown

3 days is plenty time to let it recover from seein ya floaters! lol

water damage doesnt effect things as much as ppl think

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Damn that shows us all to never take youre PSP to the restroom when youre going to take a dump :p

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

reinstall firmware 3.40 OE or 3.51 M33