1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP will not play games or movies

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Cannon84, May 29, 2007.

1. Cannon84

Cannon84 Member

I need help in figuring out what is wrong with my daughters PSP. The console starts up but will not play any games or movies. The WiFi works but nothing else. Any help in fixing this problem will be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Coleman

2. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

UMM...You dont want too here this but you asked so 1.) if your lucky
    its the pcb= plastic circut board that connects to the laser inside the psp unit if it still in warenty and hasnt been moded send it back to sony...or if your tech headed and know how to reconnect a lose pcb do it your self.....2.) if you not a guy with lady luck on your side like me ;) its your laser failed got scratched. it happens
    when your playing a game and jogging down the side walk happend to a friend that does that... a frown apon gaming while jogging..^^ hoewver it still requires you to take apart the unit and purchase a replacement laser if you chose to put it in yourself... be advise
    follow the little manual they give you with the laser you can put it in backwards im guilty.. but ether way your kinda you know...;) best bet still in warenty send back to sony and have them fix it.. if it not in warenty just buy another psp laser are $75.00 USD a piece

3. Cannon84

Cannon84 Member

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm off to the store to get a new PSP until I can order the part.