1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP will not turn on (no green light) need advice!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nickpsp, Sep 8, 2006.

1. nickpsp

nickpsp Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a super early PSP that I just yesterday finally installed Devhook on with a downgrade from 2.71 to 1.5 (I know, should never have upgraded....). The unit is not a TA-082 or whatever, it is a proper early US model that I purchased myself from Target.

Anyway, things were working extremely well and I was happily playing lemmings on it off a memory stick. Then last night, I either left it on or turned it off, can't remember, but either way it was not plugged in.

Fast forward to this AM, I try to turn the thing on, nothing, no green light, no sounds, no lights of any kind. OK, I think, battery, so I take it out, wait 5 min, put it back in, nothing. Then I plug it in with and without the battery. Thinking maybe the charger is bad, so I try with another adaptor, still nothing.

Tried with and without memory stick,with and without UMD, etc etc. I would think that I had bricked it, but there is no green light, so it seems like there is not even power?

Any thoughts on this? It is obviously not under warranty since it is almost yrs old now. Any thoughts?

thanks,

nick

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. fanghi

fanghi Guest

av u flashed it lately?av u tryed charging it? leave the battery out for a while other than that it might be a brick

4. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

hey btw wat do u mean by flashed it

5. fanghi

fanghi Guest

by flashed i mean accsesing vital psp files that can not be accsesed from the memory stick could mess up the hole of the psp and u might need to contact sony for that.anyway mi advice is dont medel with flashing if your not shore

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Have you tried charging the battery to see if the charging LED will turn on.

7. nickpsp

nickpsp Member

hey guys,

so, yes, I have tried charging it and the charging light does not come on. to repeat, no lights of any kind come on when it is plugged into the wall, no lights come on when I use the power switch, with or without the battery.

in terms of flashing the unit, all I have done is use the devhook tool installed directly onto a memory stick, haven't done anything to the firmware other than use that tool to downgrade to 1.5, played a few games with emulated 2.71, and then left it on lemmings in that same mode.

I can't really do anything with it right now like re-flashing or anything, since i can't even turn it on.

thanks!

- nick

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Well devhook .46 doesnt flash anything to the psp unless you instruct it to. Did you ever use flash rom on devhook? Considering there is no lights coming on at all maybe its something simple like the power switch decided to quit workin.

9. nickpsp

nickpsp Member

I did use the return to 1.5 option when I was done playing one game and switched to another, but I didn't use the flash rom option specifically in devhook.

for the record, on bricked PSPs do any lights work, or are the symptoms exactly the same as mine? I left it to charge for a couple of hours and the battery is not even warm, which makes me think the charging circuit relies on the device getting power to direct it to charge the battery.

It does seem a lot more reasonable to believe that the power switch might have gone bad if bricked PSPs normally have the power light come on....

thanks for the help so far!

10. fanghi

fanghi Guest

on bricked psp's the psp led light doese and should come on and if it dosn't then it can be a brick just a psp not turning on brick

11. ElTheoblo

ElTheoblo Member

my umd drive was not working so i kept blowing in it and eventually in the battery pack that worked so I slotted in the game and it said i had to download version 2.85 or something like that but it was new so i did it and it said(during the downloading) that the disc was not inserted propperly or wasnt there and it said to check it and i did the disc was there and it also said if you turn off the system it might not turn on so i turned off because wat else was I to do and when i tried turning it back on it wouldnt and it still wont but the green light turns on still is this a brick? and if it is what do i do