1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Will not turn on

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mindset42, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mindset42

mindset42 Member

Ever since I upgraded to 3.71 M33-4 my psp will not turn on unless I connect the psp power cable without the battery in the holder. If I leave the battery in and try booting it up the green light comes on but the screen stays black. I wonder if it had something to do with The pandora battery thing i was doing, because when i tried making it a normal battery again it said failed. Help please.

2. simpsim1

simpsim1 Regular member

The battery obviously didn't restore. Was it Pandorized with software or was it hard modded? In the case of the latter, you'll not be able to restore it with software. The best thing you can do is to install UPMS installer to your memstick and then either run the battery tool from that to get it back to normal, OR keep the battery in service mode and install the multi loader tool. You'll then be able to use the battery both for normal use AND for pandora.

Personally I use the second option as I can keep all the unbricking kit with me wherever I go.

3. mindset42

mindset42 Member

How would I do the second option?

4. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Well... I think you can do it from within the UPMS Installer. Get it from here and look at the tutorials on how to install it.

Let me add one more option: Get the OS Pandora Battery Tool v0.4 from somewhere (I don't remember) and then open it from game in XMB. Once it is open, press X to continue and select the option of making your battery normal. After that is done, then simply exit and turn off PSP and try your battery again and there you have the unpandorized battery. But I still recommend the multi-ipl solution.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  5. mindset42

mindset42 Member

Yes i know when i tried making it normal again it said it failed....how do i do the second option?

6. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Ya... to install the second option, you have two options:
    I recommend that you format your memory stick first via System Settings. Then download the necessary files needed for the options below:
    1. Download this pack. Click on START.exe and get to the part where it asks you to choose to continue to the Pandora installer or to install Booster's boot code. Choose to install booster's boot code and let it run.
    2. Use UPMS to install the multi-ipl on your PSP using step 1 and the others. Follow the tutorial on their website.

If you have 3.80 M33 installed then use option 1 as option 2 won't work for you.
    If you do not have administrative rights then use option 2 as option 1 won't work for you.
    I would recommend using option 1 if you can but it's more than 100 megabyte download so it's your choice.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  7. darkpif

darkpif Member

So :) i found a nice way too recover a dead battery y have bought a dantel MAX bat and copied the eprom so you have all the stuff here too return too normal your battery :) http://rapidshare.com/files/84773788/pandora3.80.zip.html
    the program y forgot wherre y found so the credits goo too them "just the eprom is mine " :)have funn with it
    Edit:forgot you just have too copy paste the hole directory too a clean mem card .

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  8. jknightsc

jknightsc Member

My PSP will not turn back on. The green light will light up if the charger is plugged in. Just a black screen. Will a new battery fix this issue, or am I going the wrong way with it.

Jeremy

9. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Maybe you should start a new thread...