1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP with 4G mem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by becool29, May 29, 2007.

1. becool29

becool29 Member

Hi all,

First, im new to this forum and i just wanna say this forum is one of the best of psp forum i've been. I've found most of solutions for my problem here. not all :)

I've a 1.5v PSP and i upgrade it to 3.03oe custom firmware. Everything works perfectly with my 1G mem. I can play CSO games and other application. Recently i bought a 4G mem on ebay. i insert into my psp and format it. After formating, i go to games and i see the whole long list of "Corrupted Data" icons. very long one. I try to copy some ISO games to ISO folder and i dont see it in the game list. Strangely when i put my old 1G mem back in everything work fine, but not on my new 4G one.

My question is do i have a fake 4G card or something? or PSP doesnt suppport 4G mem? my mp3 and movie work fine on this 4G card. just not games.

If anyone could shed me some light would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

Go to your mem stick icon on your psp and click the triangle button then click the information with the X button.If you see that it says MagicGate Supported the your stick should be alright.
    Did you format the mem stick with your psp format feature found in system settings?If not then do that and all the necessary folders will be created for you and see if that fixes the problem.

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

4. becool29

becool29 Member

mine says MagicGate Unknown, so this is a fake card right? but psp stil read it normaly as 4G capacity and mp3 and video files play ok just not the games. Weird

Well i guess you get what you paid for :D i've learn lession not to buy cheap stuff :)

5. silentdan

silentdan Member

If it does not say MagicGate Supported then you most likely have a fake.

6. becool29

becool29 Member

yeh it is a fake one because when i reformat my 1G (original) one in psp , it works like a champ.

Anyway i found the solution. If anyone have the same problem as me, go format the card in windows. Remember to do a proper format, not the quick format and then manuall create all necessary folders. This seems to work great!

Thanks for all your help