1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp wont downgrade need help noobie

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by anaemic, Nov 6, 2007.

1. anaemic

anaemic Member

I have a psp firmware 2.80 and it used to to have devhook .46,but i lost the memory card, so i bought a knew one, i tried to downgarde or reinstall devhook, but i keep getting errors of disk is full, or cannot find disk, any help would be appreciated

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Look for the 2.80 Downdater to take you to 2.71 I think. After, you use the 2.71 downgrader (which one depends on your motherboard) to downgrade to 1.50 and then you can upgrade to Custom Firmware.

3. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

this is the 2.80 --- 1.50 downgrader

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/974

read everything carefully and have your battery at 75%, if you still need help, just write back

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

That's cool, I always thought the 2.80 was just a downdater that took you to 2.71 to downgrade... interestig.

5. anaemic

anaemic Member

i tried downgrader 2.8 to 1.5 but it stall at downdater\prx\fm150_iplbin and then it say disk is full or cannot my destination folder

6. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

that's probably because your mem card is full.

reformat your mem stick
    enter usb mode
    open the 2.80--1.50 downgrader (from your desktop)

it will ask you what your psp drive is, enter it and it should extract the files.

exit usb (make sure u have 75% battery life or more)

go to your photo on your psp, it will have 2 files the eload and the xloader

scroll to xloader, click triangle and it will have 4 options, slideshow, delete, etc..

click x on slideshow, then after the message press o, go to game/memory stick

run the progam
    then click circle to start to downgrade.. let it finish

turn of your psp manually, and turn it back on, if you see the blue screen of death press circle.

now check your system info, it should be 1.50

7. anaemic

anaemic Member

thats the problem i have reformatted my memory card and it says 950 mbs of free space, but when i try to install the downgrade with the instructions in detail it stops. can i update my psp without caring for hacking it cuz i have the games but i need to know if it is safe to update from sony or a custom eboot

8. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

you mean .. you have UMD GAMES?

If you're not going to use a custom firmware then you can go straight to 3.71

But i don't recommend it because you can't play your homebrew and other emulators and stuff.

If the downgrader doesn't work for you, try to find some other way around, or just buy a pandora kit from ebay or you can send it to some1 and they will make you the kit.

9. anaemic

anaemic Member

thanks i appreciate the help,so i cant just download update from sony

10. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member