1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp won't load UMD's

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by unwinning, Jun 19, 2011.

1. unwinning

unwinning Member

I put in my UMD, Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 and I can hear it spinning while it's in but it won't load.. i think its something to do with the laser but i can't really tell, I've looked at multiple forums and none of the solutions offered really did anything.. i don't know what update it has or what model psp it is all i can see is the barcode on the bottom and the numbers beneath it are AT101807416-PSP3001, i played it just last night and I don't currently have any other UMD's to put in to try.. i looked at the disc and it doesnt appear to have any scratches or anything, I've given it enough time to load, i just have absolutely no idea what's wrong

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Did you maybe drop it? Doesn't have to be high, like 30 centimeters is enough. The PSP isn't shock-resist, so if you dropped it the laser might be out of place. The only sollution is to swap the drive. But first I would check if the PSP works with another game UMD, I wouldn't try a movie UMD for it, because sometimes movie UMDs load easier (or atleast that's my experience).

3. unwinning

unwinning Member

I tried a few of my friends umds and they didn't work either, but they work in his psp, so I'm sure It's the laser but nothing appears to be wrong with it..