1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp won't read iso

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Eman654, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Eman654

Eman654 Guest

Im on version 3.90 custom firmware m33-2 and i've been reading millions (exaggeration) of guides and I cant figure out why it wont see it.
    First off im trying to get my manhunt 2 game to play uncensored so i ripped the game information off my umd using umdgen 4.0 then i converted it to an iso image then i patched it with a patcher to remove the filters.
    the iso is all good and i put it in the iso folder on my memory card and it says no game is found when i clearly just put it there.
    i just got the memory card and it is 2 gigs. but i got it at gamestop so im pretty sure it isn't fake although it is a Sandisk
    I tried putting no umd on in recovery mode and all that stuff but still nothing . I have a psp slim and was pretty happy at first to get it on custom firmware but now that i cant even play a simple iso like manhunt 2 im beginning to wonder if there is any hope

2. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

have you tried other isos.
    if they still don't show up then when you are on the memory stick logo click the triangle button and see if it says "magic gate: supported" then its not a fake but if not then its a fake.
    the other thing that you could try is using a different memory card.
    also is your iso folder at the root of your memory stick e.g E://ISO/umdgame.iso
    hope that helps :-]

3. bundypsp

bundypsp Member

Couple more things you could check:

1) Make sure your UMD ISO mode is set to NP9660 or M33Driver.
    2) Rip the game again without patching it and see if it works.

4. Eman654

Eman654 Guest

is there a better umd ripper i can use because maybe i screwed that up. Like is there one that rips the umd disc directly to an iso format . I tried umd dumper but it doesnt work for some reason.

5. Eman654

Eman654 Guest

also(almost forgot) i made it a magic memory card by dragging the files off my old one onto it do i have to use a magic memory card creator to make it work

6. Eman654

Eman654 Guest

And i just checked and magicgate is supported.... sorry for all the posts

7. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

ok press the select button on ur psp a menu will come up scroll down to usb device press < umd disc should come up scroll down to exit connect ur psp to computer then go to usb connection on the psp go to the drive where the psp is u will see a file this is ur umd just drage it somewhere on ur computer.

8. Eman654

Eman654 Guest

ok thanks that fixed it that other program i used to get it must have screwed the iso up

9. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

no problem glad to help :)

10. cuterainbowdashie

cuterainbowdashie Newbie

Hi. My name is katie. I have been having troubles with this. I have been up for nights trying to figure it out. Reading forums and watching videos. I have done all the steps in this. When I go to my psp, it doesn't show up there. I put it in the game folder (which I know your not supposed to) to check and it said corrupted so I know it's there. I have ppsspp on my computer and tested it from the folder I made on the psp and it is not it works just fine on my ppsspp. I don't understand. Please help. Please

11. cuterainbowdashie

cuterainbowdashie Newbie

I also have cfw 6.61 I changed my cfw it was cfw 6.60 and updated my psp. I am not stupid it just won't work please help

12. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Which kind of PSP do you have, phat, slim, PSPGo? Or PSP E?
    And which CFW do you use? PRO, ME, LME...