1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP wont read UMDs

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by MrBobo92, May 10, 2012.

1. MrBobo92

MrBobo92 Member

hi, i just recently replaced my screen on my psp 1001 and it works great. except for the fact that it wont read umd. now ive read a bunch of forums of this already but none of the options have worked. ive tried moving the laser into the right position to just see if it was off the track but nothing changed. when i put a game in it makes little buzzing sounds almost like when a motor is trying to move but is jammed. ive done the trick of opening the slot really fast and my lazer does work and isnt dead. however the two things i have noticed are 1) the laser never moves at all or back to its starting position. it stays wherever i leave it before putting a game in. and 2) the umd is also in the same position as when i put it in meaning it didnt spin at all. (idk if it only spins if the laser is working right or something. if theres an order to how to how the system works). just wanted to see if anybody had ideas.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Are you sure you didn't disconnect anything by accident while putting in the new screen?

3. MrBobo92

MrBobo92 Member

im sure. there is one thing i questioned though. theres a brown locking port for a wire just to the right of where one of the speakers plug in that has nothing in it. i dont know if theres anything thats suppose to go there