1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP wont register on Remote play

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by canuckerz, Oct 16, 2007.

1. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yes I know I had posted this on the psp section as well but with little result because just because they know alot about psp's doesnt mean they have a ps3 to mess around on as well and vice verca. If its a problem i ll gladly have the whole post deleted.

Anyway, originally when i had this problem i thought it was the result of a bad update or something (I was at 3.30 oe-c) so i updated fully to 3.71 m33-2 and the DA 1.50 2 kernel.

What happens is when i go to register the psp on the ps3 it says "There are no PSP systems connected.". Yes ive activated the usb mode on the PSP and i can access the memory stick on the xmb of the ps3 and the computer. My current PS3 Fw is 1.93 but ive had this problem since 1.80.

Ive tried different slots on the ps3 and different cords. Ive also tried this with my friends PSP the same way with the same cord in the same slot and his registered properly.

I also tried swapping my memory card with his and trying it again yet it still says no PSP detected. Anyone know whats going on?

2. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Could possibly be due to your firmware? maybe

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

After 3.30 oe people were reporting problems with remote play. It could be the custom firmware.

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

I tried my friends psp again after i updated it to 3.71 m33-2 and it worked fine again. Im at a loss for ideas of what else to do and its quite annoying.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Have you tried setting it up to use your ps3's wifi point instead of registering it automatically? That will get past your system not registering to the ps3. Go to remote play settings under your ps3 and choose custom connection settings. After that make a new setting on your psp and make it where it can connect directly to the ps3 wifi.

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you might have corrupt keys. some psp users needed to have their keys fixed before it worked on the ps3.

7. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yeah it turned out to be corrupt keys, chilly willie's keycleaner fixes it easy if anyone else runs into this problem.