1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp wont turn on(not bricked)

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by restivo1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. restivo1

restivo1 Member

I made a pandoras battery from my psp to fix my friends psp .
    when i finished i bby accident reformatted the memory stick(so i could not convert the battery back into a normal one)
    i left my psp for a few days then took it over to my friends house and using his psp converted my battery back into a normal one.
    tested the battery in my psp , it worked, then went home.

left it for a few days and now it just does not work.
    it turns on and the green led stays on, but nothing happens. there is no sounds comming from the psp. both the AC adapter + battery give the same results. a green light. nothing else

any one have any ideas?
    it is NOT bricked. so please dont tell me it is lol..

2. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol well it certainly seems like it is since it has all the 'symptoms'. Try with another battery?

3. restivo1

restivo1 Member

lol well i did not update it or modify the software in any way during the period it "broke" so unless there is a new way to brick your psp..

yeah i tried it with another battery and the AC . nothing works.
    and the light stays on green, (does not come on then shut off like a bricked psp)

4. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol sure someone didn't lay their hands on it meanwhile? Anyway, I hope u haven't dropped ur PSP or nething recently cuz if the part of the hardware which controls the power supply is physically broken, then you might get similar results.

5. restivo1

restivo1 Member

no, it only sat on my desk so no one else touched it.
    and i did not drop it

so if the power supply is broken is that a part i can fix / replace ?

6. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Yeah u can get it replaced but it will be quite expensive as the parts will need to be purchased and the someone will need to solder it onto the hardware of the PSP unit. Probably $40 (AUD) - $100

7. restivo1

restivo1 Member

alrighttttty. time to just buy a new psp, lol..
    i guess ill try to sell this on ebay for a few bucks..

if any one has any other ideas on what could be wrong please post

thanks!

8. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Well on eBay if u sell a unit like this which needs a power supply replacement it will sell for max $120 (AUD), and that's if you're lucky. You should be glad if u get $80 for it. Anyway, if u can't be bothered to find a person to fix it, then yes, u might as well sell it. But if u can, then don't sell it, just get it repaired, u'll lose less money this way.

9. bakedpsp

bakedpsp Member

thats out of it that its doing that :-/

hav ya got recovery mode?
    why don't you try the pandora method on your psp? that should work

maybe it didn't like the fact that you converted the battery back to normal on a different psp and not on your one.

hope ya get it sorted m8 :)

(+[__]%)baked

10. restivo1

restivo1 Member

well i have seen used ones on ebay for like 120-130. so if i could get 80 for mine, i wouldent mind getting a new one not too much extra. cause i dont know anyone that can fix them and im not even sure its the power supply(but good chance it is)

yeah i tried recovery mode. nothing :( .. lol maybe it did not like that pandoras thing! but i dont see how that could mess it up. but you never know, sneaky sony

11. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

I just read another thread about EEPROMS.

I would suggest that u try another battery cuz batteries with falsely written EEPROMS can yield power problems, but I already did that :p

lol..that's what got restivo1 in this hole in the first place!!

@restivo1

Maybe u should sell and buy a used one. I know there are a lot of hardcore PSP modders which buy online (damaged) PSP units and repair it themselves, so good luck!

12. bakedpsp

bakedpsp Member

yes true..........but he did do it a different way (by accidently reformating the mem stick then using another psp to convert the battery back) and yes true again, you can't trust sony cause think about it - here we are trying to do allsorts of things with the psp that they proberly don't want us doing. i think that they(sony) are very sneaky.

i think your best bet is to sell it and let someone else deal with it. it still could be someones treasure (used as parts)

(+[__]%)baked

13. restivo1

restivo1 Member

yes i have decided to sell it! cut my losses while it still is half "working" lol.

i guess dont try what i did. because i really did not do ANYTHING to it. i just fixed the battery, brought it home and put it on my desk.

so to be safe i would not try fixing the pandoras battery with any but your own psp.maybe it bricked it in some wierd way?

14. 08lewit

08lewit Guest

i dont know what psp you have the slim or the fat but if its the fat you dont need to solder you just have to snap the new power supply in and its ready to go. if you have a slim i couldnt tell you havent had a chance to get my hands on it yet.

15. baldog

baldog Member

i also experienced this...it appears to me that your battery has not been successfully converted to normal one...here are my suggestions...

try turning ON your psp with AC adaptor only...i'm quite sure this will turn on (just to make sure your psp is still working)

since you've already formatted the mem stick, in converting your batt to normal one, do not execute L+R on Pandora Battery Creator because this is only useful when you still have your battery eeprom backup...

instead execute [](the square button) in converting your battery to normal one...

hope this helps