1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by winkipop, Jan 14, 2007.

1. winkipop

winkipop Member

i need help loading videos on to my psp!! the file is in the correct format which is MP4 but when i put it on it doesn't work! why is this? am i putting it in the correct folder?

2. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

what you do is connect your psp, then you go to MP_ROOT > 100MNV01 (If the files arent there create them) then you place the MP4 files there with the name M4V0XXXX (Replace the XXXX with 4 digits ie. M4V03765) an it should appear on your psp. XD

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

shouldn't there also be a .thm file? and about the renaming, don't mean to be picky, but u can rename M4VXXXXX - the last five digits, not four. they can be renamed anyway u want, but the thm and mp4 has to be the same name. So if u named the mp4 M4V12345.mp4, the the thm has to be M4V12345.thm

4. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

you dont NEED a thm file to run the vid. when u go to the vid menu, you'll just see a film strip. i barely ever have a thm and it works fine

5. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

i know it worked fine for me without that file. didnt know ut was the last five digits, just thought it was the last four, but it still works fine if you use my method