1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by pookey11, May 6, 2007.

1. pookey11

pookey11 Guest

When i start my psp it says it cant read the umd or something like that ...whats wrong..do i need a new one?

2. broc455

broc455 Regular member

this is an old thread and i hope to god u haven't bought a new PSP yet look i think theres something wrong with ur UMD that ur trying to play. Can u actually get out of this message? and if so all u have to do is on ur PSP go settings/ system/ and find "autostart UMD" select this and change it to "NO" and there u have it ur PSP fine but ur UMD most likely stuffed

3. pookey11

pookey11 Guest

yeah i can get out of the message and I've tried UMD's that work on other psp's and I've tried a new UMD can it be the lens?

4. broc455

broc455 Regular member

it might be if you haven't got a warenty then you might wanna open it up have a look inside u no wot i mean? or if ur on the warenty even better! just send it to sony (provided u've got know cfw or anything like that.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Don't know if you tried this, but, when NO-UMD is enabled in recovery, your UMD drive might not work.

6. pookey11

pookey11 Guest

so do i need a new psp?or can i get it fixed?

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Try getting it fixed. If you don't feel comfortable opening up your psp, then go to a repair place.

8. pookey11

pookey11 Guest

have any idea where i can go and do that?

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Kinda depends on where you live. Look around your neighborhood, there bound to be one somewhere.

10. broc455

broc455 Regular member

i hope u got you hadn't got your psp fixed (soz i'm always on late) but anyway what with blackvamp said and everything if you have recovery mode on ur PSP (i think its all firmware 3.xx and above that should have it). if u do have recovery mode then great all u do (assuming you don't no how to acess it) coldboot ur PSP (absolutely turning it off (holding the switch down for 5 sec+) then turn it on imediantly holding down R. a blue or green screen will come up go into configuration then in there there'll be an option that says "NO UMDif this is in enabled switch it to disabled then try ur UMD and see if it works (for future reference if this doesn't work just switch it back to enabled cos i'm not sure if ur other games actually require the option to be enabled)

Last edited: May 21, 2007