1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pspersonlize problem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kurolsj, Jul 1, 2007.

1. kurolsj

kurolsj Member

I have a 1.5 psp and when I tried to get this program to work, it went to a black screen and said finished. When I tried to see if I had a background there was nothing there. I restarted like the website said, but a blue screen came up with different languages. The psp then restarted again and there was a black screen. All I se now is a black screen with sound. When I got to the usb connection on my computer the screen comes back up telling me it is in usb mode. As soon as I touch the psp the screen goes back to black. Can someone tell me what is happening?

2. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

is this a cf 1.5 or factory 1.5 because it may be partially bricked

3. kurolsj

kurolsj Member

I did the lumines downgrade from 3.50 to 1.50. So I read some post that if you take out your battery and memory card out for a while it should work. That didnt work though. So I deleted everything off of the memory using a friend psp. Then I put the memory stick back in my psp and it worked. I still have 1.5 firmware but I had to get rid of everything on my memory stick. I cant upgrade my psp though fromm 1.5 because it says I have a error during the upgrade. My friend said because I have a ta-82 I cant upgrade. Is that true?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

First of, what were you trying to run that almost bricked your psp? Do you mean xmb cumstom themes? Because that won't work on 1.5.

Motherboard version doesn't matter once you are on 1.5. You should be able to upgrade. If you can't that's because something got corrupted during that incident.

Anyway, try this winstaller to 3.40oe. Hopefully you can upgrade from it.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500493

5. kurolsj

kurolsj Member

ok, I upgraded to 3.40 oe-a but how do you play iso files off of your psp?

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Good job getting so far. Now just place your iso/cso into the ISO folder. If you cannot find a ISO folder, format your memory stick with psp first.