1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP's DC-in (power) jack problems

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by McMutt, Jan 15, 2007.

1. McMutt

McMutt Regular member

For some reason, my AC adaptor plug doesn't make proper contact with the DC-in jack. I have to use a rubberband to push it in deep enough to charge.

The plug fits well, and stays in on its own, but without being pushed in a VERY tiny bit further, it doesn't charge.

I've tried a new adaptor, and it was the same, so I know the prob is in the jack.

Has anyone else had this prob, and how did you fix it? Was it the contacts inside the yellow jack? Which contact if so?

2. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

3. McMutt

McMutt Regular member

Only problem I have with opening it is that it's still under the Best Buy extended warranty that the guy I bought it from had. If I could find a way to remove the warranty sticker safely and the put it back, I'd be fine.

4. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

the first time i took apart my first psp, i was real careful and used a hair dryer to help loosen the adhesive. can't even notice i had taken the sticker off after putting it back on (replace a faceplate, etc)

but after the first time, decided to ditch the panties and just rip the warranty sticker off since i'd be taking it apart pretty often. try using a blow dryer on low heat to soften up the adhesive and work carefully.

dont put to much heat on it though, you could mess it up

5. McMutt

McMutt Regular member

A blow dryer, I never thought of that, Brilliant!

The panties are staying for now, just in case I brick it while its still covered by best buy. after that, though, I'll just end up ripping it.