1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PStwo and swap magic 3.3 CD issues with 640mb plus games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by capth, Jan 30, 2005.

1. capth

capth Member

Hello....first i apologise if this has been asked before..BUT i have spent hours reading this and that to see if there is a fix for my problems.

I have several NTSC games i have backed up and are wanting to play them on my PAL machine.I have a pstwo slimline (new)

These games are over 640mb but under 800mb in size. I have tried various ways of burning them using alcohol, nero etc but whenever i boot up using swapmagic 3.3 the following message comes up "not a valid ps2 disk"

Now, i have no issues with the dvd side of swap magic and any dvd rips as such, but when backing up the cds I get this message everytime.

I am using good media and I believe there is other solutions such as breaker pro that may cure this (due to swap magic 3.3 cd not able to deal with games above this size). Is breaker pro the only solution or are there any other solutions? As you guys will understand, money dont grow on trees and the pstwo is my little boys so i hate letting him ruin brand new games (hence the backups)

Can i burn the cd image games to dvd, or is there a software patch that will help?? will Game shark help??

i appreciate all your help in advance but i believe i am not a naive noobie, just a little perplexed as PS2 territory does not seem as clear cut as X-Box, dvd backups etc....

All suggestions welcome and keep up the good work..it seems a good community here

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I never needed to worry about this myself, but to possibly help, look into cdloader. I think this may be what you need to get those cd games running.

3. carl123

carl123 Guest

i use game_cloner

i had to pay for it trust me it wasnt for not looking but it has backed up all of my cd,dvd games you can download it as a trial but it has limits,read about it search google you will find it.

4. capth

capth Member

Thank you so much for your prompt responses...i have downloaded cdloader..will see if it works.....willlet you know if it works as it will help other people.

Will deffo look at game cloner too..all other ideas also welcome as you never know

5. capth

capth Member

Bump......noluck thus far with te cd loader, however it did let me take the process one step further....it did let the disk boot as oppossed to sending up the "not a valid ps2 disk"..it then just went black (the screen that is)

6. capth

capth Member

bump