1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PsTwo and the red screen

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by lzandon, Nov 17, 2004.

1. lzandon

lzandon Member

Hey, last week i bought myself a PS2 (slimline model SCPH-70012CB) without any mod-chip installed in it. Since then i was trying to boot some utilities like SwapMagic3,Cogswap and CDLoader wich i downloaded from the net and every time i try i get the red screen saying "Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc", I saw in swapmagicfix.com that the slimline doesn't need Swap Magic to work.

"or the corresponding DVDLoader" this means that SM isn't required right?

2. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

Swap magic comes with 2 disc. One is for cd and the other is for dvd. when they said dvdloader, they meant the dvd version of swap magic. you have to use the original version of swap magic dics. Can't boot off downloaded copies.

3. lzandon

lzandon Member

thanks, so there is no backup game that i can play without swap ? i mean with pc games there are some cd-recorders that can make a full 1:1 copy, so there is no need to patch the game to play. In PS2 should be the same, at least with older PSX1 games.

4. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

You can play backups directly if you install a mod chips to your PS2. I believed there are some mod chips that are compatible with the slimeline PS2.