1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pstwo basic newb questions and answers (to get the gold and no more posts about it)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by skulyface, Nov 7, 2004.

1. skulyface

skulyface Member

sorry if this is another lame duck post. but i'm hoping this can be the referrence for the future of pstwo question and answer threads, instead of sifting through mounds of related and identical posts... :)

will the pstwo play backups with swapmagic3.3, with or without a mod chip in place?

which chip/slide card/etc.. has worked succesfully (please post if you ACTUALLY have done one of these) ?

let's say i have an industrial dvd burner that can reproduce an identical ps2 backup complete with bad sectors, etc... Is a chip or swap needed for that disk?

is there any news about a pstwo hard drive mod, or future hard drive attachment?

thanks so much for answering so many of my questions already, simply by surfing around these forums!
    t.i.a

2. shifted90

shifted90 Member

...please read the threads right underneath yours...

3. skulyface

skulyface Member

yeah thanks. i really didn't see them before. you're a real treat...

the few questions i was wondering about, granted maybe a few of them have been answered. others weren't.

i'm wondering if a chip is imperative to play my backups if i use SM3.3. no one has really said yes or no, definitively.

there also isn't any discussion about hdd additions in an extensive capacity for the pstwo.

4. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Using Swap Magic 3.3 is a gurantee if your use the methods listed in the threads that I showed you.

As for the hard drive, there is no space. I am guessing that they will make a external extention for the HDD as did they for the older Japanese models. Search Google for pictures. They will most likely be in Japanese sites, because there are no releases of the external HDs for USA.