1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTwo fliptop problems...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jibbly, Jan 12, 2005.

1. jibbly

jibbly Member

sorry 'bout making ANOTHER thread about this, but the last thread i was following i can't find.

in any case, here's my situation...

bought the fliptop and SM discs. installed fliptop and WHAMMO! turned the system on and all i get is the menu. i can go into the system and fiddle with the memory card, etc., but...IT WON'T SPIN DISCS!

the green light comes on, i can hear the engine running, the disc brake is off...but no spinning!

I've checked the lid installation a couple times and its on right.

luckily i had no patience and decided to CUT THROUGH the warranty sticker.

any ideas? or am i pretty much screwed?

any help would be great.
    jib

2. zaskar

zaskar Member

Hi! I have the exact same problem, but I did not use a flip-top. I did the tape mod.

The last disc I inserted was the Swap Magic DVD 3.3, and it started doing very strange seeks trying to read the disc, and that was it. Now it won't spin any disc, no matter if it's backup or original. I don't know if it has anything to do with the Swap Magic discs themselves or if it was just a coincidence.

When I turn it on you can hear a humming sound, but I have found it to be the internal fan and not the DVD drive. (you can tell if you turn it on with the PSTwo open)

3. jibbly

jibbly Member

its a bummer dude! i didn't even get to the SM disc. so did remyk tell you how to fix the problem? i'm assuming you're the zaskar from the other "big" thread.

jib

4. zaskar

zaskar Member

Well, no. I think the problem he had was somewhat different since he used glue and he says the screwed up the rear switch. :(