1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTwo lase burn out (esp with Infinity Matrix chip)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by AussieZan, Nov 19, 2004.

1. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

Having browsed this forum for the last 2 weeks, I have noticed many users have installed an Infinity Matrix chip and all seems to be working fine. But on many other forums, even on the Infinity site itself, there are a lot of people who have burnt out their lasers after installing the chip. Now there is still debate on whether the PSTwo's laser is of low quality or the chip itself is causing the problem. Havent heard the problem occur with any other chips but there have been accounts of the laser dying with an unmodded box.

Just wanted to know if any here have experienced any problems with the PSTwo's laser, be it a modded or a unmodded box.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  2. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Well i havent exactly been having problems but it might be leading to it, which im very weary about installing a mod chip now......for the first about 4 days of using me ps2 it was as quite as a mouse and now the laser is as noisey as an elephant!!

3. katolee

katolee Guest

I was wondering if this could be fixed with a firmware update from the infinity team, or is the only solution still to open up and clip that thing. Do the infintiy firmware releases help with anything hardware wise, or is it just software?