1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTWO Laser Burning problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Masoud23, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Masoud23

Masoud23 Guest

so i heard the new v12 pstwo gets its laser burned if u mod it,? thats pritty shitty, can anyone explain?
    and tell me a good modchip for v12 ps2?
    also i heard www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms4ezi is making a new CovEr top for the pstwo so u can mod it or someshit? i have a pstwo and planning on getting it modded and i dont know where to start...

i did give my pstwo to this one guy to mod a dms4 pro in it and he said it didnt play the backup games ( now i know what the problem was, but whocares right now) all im worried about is getting my laser burned... sum 1 reply plz im really frustrated thx

Yours Not Truly,
    Masoud the sexy

2. Tcon

Tcon Member

From what I read the lazer problems with the PSTwo's are that the modchip alters voltages that ruin the lazer. I hear that some of the new mod chips have already addressed this problem and are safe again.

I have a PSTwo and just use the Straw/Paper/Tissue trick and Swap Magic 3.3 works like a charm.

Tcon

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  3. Bjonne

Bjonne Member

Hi.
    I too have a PSTwo. What is the straw/tissue thing you talk about ?
    Can you explain ?

Thanks.