1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pstwo laser safe chips???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by epepper9, Jan 5, 2005.

1. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

2. Masoud23

Masoud23 Guest

i would like to know this also!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN IM SO CONFUSED SUM BODY HELP ME OR ILL GO CRAZY I NEED MY PSTWO MODDED BUT STUPID ASS LASER BURN CRAP ! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS BEST MOD CHIP FOR PSTWO THAT DOESNT BURN the god damn pstwo thank you HEE hee HEE (chuckles)

3. ducatis

ducatis Guest

hey as far as i know there is no chip that has a laser fix. The laser burns out because there is too much power going to it. there is a simple yet effective solution called the laserfix. its another really small chip that has 5 connection points that regulates the power going to the laser. go here http://www.mod-chip.com/en/v12_laser_fix.htm to read more about the fix. I would personally recomend a messiah or DMS4 - but the DMS4 are expensive.

The messiah work 100% for me. its great

please email me if you need more help.

4. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

ducatis: do you like ducati, as in the bike? MY dad has a SS 900
    That laser fix doesn't do shit. I know of a good fix called the somm0ne's fix, go to:http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=555

best if everyone with a slimline pstwo could go to the start and read all 40 pages, dont listen to a guy called peteroos.

5. ducatis

ducatis Guest

yeh it does. i installed one in mine and the laser hasnt burnt out yet. it regulates the current going to the laser because it is too much. And yeh i love ducati

6. epepper9

epepper9 Regular member

love to keep talking about bikes but cant, yeah sorry, the diode fix CAN help, but in a mecacon crash, it doesn't quite give you enough time to save you laser, the people testing them found they tended to slow the motor down and put MORE strain on the laser, which can fry it.
    If you are lucky not to get a mecacon crash then, itt should protect it from frying in normal circumstances.
    For your sake, please go to that thread I posted the link to and look at page 38, it should have a picture of the summ0nes fix, it is just one resistor (2 solder joints) and works about the best, and only costs a few cents.