1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTwo Magic Ghost Switch

Discussion in 'PS2' started by offset, Dec 28, 2004.

1. offset

offset Regular member

Hey everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has tried this out yet. I found it on www.modmonster.com.

Thanks...

2. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

just got mine and put them in. clearxbox dot com has them for 25 buck with the new swap discs and they seem to work great. easy to install.

basically it is two parts a cap and a small plug.

further review in this forum.

Atom

3. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Does anyone else have anything else to add (PLEASE!)?

4. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

it works, however the sensors always think the door is closed. So, it won't work on games that use the dvdloader because the ps2 needs to know you hit eject and opened the door in order for that to work. flip top is the better option I think.

Atom

5. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Well...ya see, I just don't wanna void my warranty...you never know (I haven't even bought a PStwo yet, I'm scared about that faulty laser crap; I'm kinda waiting it out; I sent SONY a question about those...)...

6. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Any more responses guys? Are there any other non warranty voiding methods left to playing backed up dvd/cd games on the PStwos?
    THANKS!

7. consoler2

consoler2 Guest

dude i bought a hdadvance from www.consolepoint.com and i got it in 2 DAYS! Well they got the magic switch for 6 dollars.

8. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

yeah...i just put mine in tonight..it was the ghost switch. easy to install, and you dont have to take the warranty sticker off...i just used it as a hinge and it looks good as new. but ya the only prob it alwasys thinks the lid is shut...which pisses me off cuz its a SWITCH not another cap. it does have a hole where the front sensor can fit through, but it wont quite go all the way through. i might file the hole or notch a little bigger so it will actually be a switch. other than that, it works awesome.

9. Hamoody24

Hamoody24 Member

i have PSTWO and swap magic cd...what's the best option to go from there? lid, ghost, switch? any other options?

10. consoler2

consoler2 Guest

I suggest lid($14.99) if you want an easy installationotherwise the plug($3.99) which is harder but cheap. Get them at www.consolepoint.com if you want it cheap and fast.

11. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

i installed the pstwo fliptop and by opening the case with the warranty sticker as a kind of hinge, it doesn't void the warranty at all. You can't even see a line on the sticker from being bent. This is definitely the best option. Also pstwo doesn't have any laser trouble unless you mod it with a chip. We have been playing the hell out of ours and so have my friends, no laser burnout.

hope this helps, ask if you have any more questions.

Atom

12. bl1nd101

bl1nd101 Member

wait, i just ordered the ghost switch from clearxbox.com im kinda worried now. What was the bad thing about them? lol

13. sutran

sutran Regular member

Hey atom you say fliptop is better than ghost because i want to get the best option and you said that you installed it ....
    thanks