1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTwo modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BerinG, Oct 15, 2004.

1. BerinG

BerinG Member

Hi there, im new here.. been browsing for a while for backup movies etc...

Wondering if anyone heard anything about a modchip for the PStwo.. or if older ones (chips) can be used on different solder point maybe..

I got a v1 ps2 with neo2.0 but its getting a little old.. 2nd gameport doesnt work anymore etc... but now the new ps2 is out and the old ones are discontinued so I need to know if i should buy the new PSTwo or try and get a 1st gen. one for a modchip. I used to swap with my neo2 but my GS disk broke and i need a new chip.. I got tired of swapping and just seems like you need to go to alot of trouble to play backups with swap magic.

Any recommendations?

what sucks too is the older ones i found did not come bundled with the network adapter and atv2.. even though i dont mind not having atv2, i still want the network adapter but then im paying for the ps2 itself which is the same price as the new pstwo, and i have to buy the network adapter on top of that..

Any info would be appreciated.. thanks!

*edit maybe i didn't get something.. but for swap magic games, does it work for all games that AREN'T on swapmagicfix.com ? What I mean is.. are games that are on swapmagicfix only games that a "problematic" as far as making a backup.. or are those the only ones supported and they need to be patched for them to work?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

the new pstwo has a built in network adapter.

3. BerinG

BerinG Member

Yeah, I know.. yet its the same price as the old one without it.. thats why it sucks caus i'd be paying an extra 60$CAD for a network adapter.. and just to be able to chip it

4. samosamo

samosamo Member